Micro-Air EasyStart

Oregon_Camper

Ok...I follow a few YouTube Channels, one being "Gone with the Wynn's". They just released a video, showing how they has an EasyStart Soft Starter added to their AC unit (oh...they started blogging in RV...now they are on Sailboat) and showed how it allowed them to run their AC units on battery or a small 30 amp service.

Been doing some research on my own, this thing sound amazing. I'd be able to turn on my AC unit, by only using my IC-2000 or my small Yamaha generator. Without doing this, I'd need to buy a second Yamaha generator and parallel them together to run 1 AC unit.

Anyone install one of these? For $300(ish) it sounds like a great addition. Oh...they also claim this will allow you to still use 30 amp service in parks that don't have 50 amp, and still have AC.

Link to their web site:
https://www.microair.net/collections/easystart-soft-starters

Link to YouTube (lot of info...34 mins long...worth the time)
https://youtu.be/soP0uZFd0nQ

Aandaar

Ok...I follow a few YouTube Channels, one being "Gone with the Wynn's". They just released a video, showing how they has an EasyStart Soft Starter added to their AC unit (oh...they started blogging in RV...now they are on Sailboat) and showed how it allowed them to run their AC units on battery or a small 30 amp service.

Been doing some research on my own, this thing sound amazing. I'd be able to turn on my AC unit, by only using my IC-2000 or my small Yamaha generator. Without doing this, I'd need to buy a second Yamaha generator and parallel them together to run 1 AC unit.

Anyone install one of these? For $300(ish) it sounds like a great addition. Oh...they also claim this will allow you to still use 30 amp service in parks that don't have 50 amp, and still have AC.

Link to their web site:
https://www.microair.net/collections/easystart-soft-starters

Link to YouTube (lot of info...34 mins long...worth the time)
https://youtu.be/soP0uZFd0nQ

This really looks interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwdt

I follow them as well and hope to be on a boat with in two years. I was blown away.......This will definitely be on my want list.:D

Az_Ernie

Very interesting. I'm about to buy a replacement for our old generator and if this works as advertised, the Easy Start could reduce the generator wattage size I would have to purchase to run our 15000 BTU A/C unit.

If anyone is interested in purchasing one, be sure and use the "Gone With The Wynn's" $25 off discount code (code=GWTW).

A good friend just installed one on his new 13.5k air conditioner. He is installing the air conditioner on a 1964 Airstream he completely restored. Prior to putting the air conditioner on the Airstream, he hooked it up to his Honda 2000 generator. Everything started and ran as stated on their website. He is an appliance repair person and was very pleased with its performance. Now I get to help him install the AC on the Airstream.

SLO

Very cool. I like it. There always seems to be a down side to anything you do. Is there a down side to this?

Another thing I didn’t know I needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Very cool. I like it. There always seems to be a down side to anything you do. Is there a down side to this?

LOL :cool:

That is exactly why I posted this thread. I need the combined wisdom of the folks on here to ensure this is what it appears to be.

BTW... Having watched all of the "Gone With The Wynns" videos (yea...i have some spare time on international flights) and they installed one in their prior RV and now their sailboat and from what I can gather, their experience has been great.

- - - Updated - - -

Very interesting. I'm about to buy a replacement for our old generator and if this works as advertised, the Easy Start could reduce the generator wattage size I would have to purchase to run our 15000 BTU A/C unit.

I HIGHLY recommend you do this Ernie. And when you do the install, take a LOT of pictures/video of the wiring and share them with us.

Then those of us with, say the exact same RV that you have, can simply "borrow" your install skills. Hehehehehehehe....:p:p:p

Az_Ernie

LOL :cool:

That is exactly why I posted this thread. I need the combined wisdom of the folks on here to ensure this is what it appears to be.

BTW... Having watched all of the "Gone With The Wynns" videos (yea...i have some spare time on international flights) and they installed one in their prior RV and now their sailboat and from what I can gather, their experience has been great.

- - - Updated - - -

I HIGHLY recommend you do this Ernie. And when you do the install, take a LOT of pictures/video of the wiring and share them with us.

Then those of us with, say the exact same RV that you have, can simply "borrow" your install skills. Hehehehehehehe....:p:p:p
We have some major trailer repairs coming up soon and doubt that our budget will allow us to purchase an EASY START anytime soon.

However, I'll probably have to start a "Go Fund Me" account to pay for these repairs, so with the thousands of dollars this will raise, maybe an EASYSTART is in our future! :)

Micro-Air

OEM Electronics Mfg
We have some major trailer repairs coming up soon and doubt that our budget will allow us to purchase an EASY START anytime soon.

However, I'll probably have to start a "Go Fund Me" account to pay for these repairs, so with the thousands of dollars this will raise, maybe an EASYSTART is in our future! :)

For Cyber Monday, EasyStart is on sale this week and next (until Dec 7, 2020) at $35 off, our best price of the year. And you can also find our WiFi Bluetooth smart thermostat replacements for Dometic and Coleman AC units at $50 off. :angel:

brianlajoie

How do I figure out the voltage to my Dometic AC units? This is needed to know which easystart model to buy. All I got was the warranty document and the registration card with my rig. My 2014 Bighorn has two 15k units, but I don't know if they take 120 volts or 208/240 volts. I'm guessing the first one, but need to know.

LBR

How do I figure out the voltage to my Dometic AC units? This is needed to know which easystart model to buy. All I got was the warranty document and the registration card with my rig. My 2014 Bighorn has two 15k units, but I don't know if they take 120 volts or 208/240 volts. I'm guessing the first one, but need to know.
All these trailers have wired to them is 120 volts, so yes, your ACs are 120 V.

SLO

Ordered two EasyStarts on Wednesday before thanksgiving, 11/25/20, shipped the same day and got them today, 12/1/20. Now find time to install. Been wanting to do this for at least two years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Ordered two EasyStarts on Wednesday before thanksgiving, 11/25/20, shipped the same day and got them today, 12/1/20. Now find time to install. Been wanting to do this for at least two years.

Don't skip the system training step once you install them.

SLO

Don't skip the system training step once you install them.

Yes, thank you. I am aware of that. Will probably do that on generator power otherwise I may forget to do it next time we hook up at RV park.

Micro-Air

OEM Electronics Mfg
And at Micro-Air we like to say that we believe we've made TOO big of a deal about the learning starts. They don't need to be forced or rushed unless you are pressed for time. Just plug her in and let 'er run through 5 cycles of reaching temperature set point, shutting off, and turning back time. Slow and steady wins the race.

No extra pressure required to set and reset thermostats and MAKE it happen. You can just LET it happen.

Generator power is permissible but we prefer learning on the more consistent shore power. If you use a generator for learning, don't use ECO mode. After learning though, ECO mode is perfect.

Kevin@microair.net

Yes, thank you. I am aware of that. Will probably do that on generator power otherwise I may forget to do it next time we hook up at RV park.

LBR

And at Micro-Air we like to say that we believe we've made TOO big of a deal about the learning starts. They don't need to be forced or rushed unless you are pressed for time. Just plug her in and let 'er run through 5 cycles of reaching temperature set point, shutting off, and turning back time. Slow and steady wins the race.

No extra pressure required to set and reset thermostats and MAKE it happen. You can just LET it happen.

Generator power is permissible but we prefer learning on the more consistent shore power. If you use a generator for learning, don't use ECO mode. After learning though, ECO mode is perfect.

Kevin@microair.net
I used our CY 5.5K (45A) for my 5 learning starts....did a couple more cycles for good measure, then used our 3K and watched/listened.... incredible how it eases the compressor loadup!

Looking forward to hooking a buddy's 2K up to our trailer for comparisons...

jbeletti

I used our CY 5.5K (45A) for my 5 learning starts....did a couple more cycles for good measure, then used our 3K and watched/listened.... incredible how it eases the compressor loadup!

Looking forward to hooking a buddy's 2K up to our trailer for comparisons...

Very cool.

For me, running our 15k BTU roof air on battery power is the coolest thing.