Missing something under the kitchen sink

Geopixie

Hey all, I'm sure there is something I should be able to find on here but I don't know what I don't know so I don't know how to search for this so apologies for I'm sure is a stupid question. This is my first RV and I bought a 2009 bighorn 3580RL from an individual. I'm hooked up to city water but the kitchen sink is missing something where the water is supposed to drain ... can someone tell me what should be here?20220520_192510.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If that pipe hanging down comes from the sink and the other stub goes to the tank then you need a P-trap.
Need to know the termination of those two white PVC pipes.

Peace
Dave

Bogie

Like Cookie said. Depends where the pipes go. The one going through the wall is most likely the one that goes the the holding tank (drain). If the other goes up a wall, then it is likely the vent to the roof. If it's connected to the sink and there is no pipe going to the roof, then you will need to add a Studor vent in addition to a P-trap. Though I don't have a Bighorn, I am including a picture of my drain. The red arrow points to the Studor vent. It would need to be placed higher than the P-trap. Hope that helps.

IMG_1937.jpeg

Geopixie

I'm not at it tonight to take another picture to better explain but I don't think it's a ptap because it doesn't come directly from the sink drain it takes a few turns before dropping the water off to nowhere. I was thinking that maybe there was a under the sink tank for some but I don't know if that's a thing. All the other tanks have been removed from it which is why I was thinking maybe it's how connected to all the things they disconnected.

Geopixie

I'm not at it tonight to take another picture to better explain but I don't think it's a ptap because it doesn't come directly from the sink drain it takes a few turns before dropping the water off to nowhere. I was thinking that maybe there was a under the sink tank for some but I don't know if that's a thing. All the other tanks have been removed from it which is why I was thinking maybe it's how connected to all the things they disconnected.
Here's a better picture the p-trap is there

Attachments

• 20220526_140644.jpg
    20220526_140644.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Kind of strange. In the photo , it looks like it’s joined to the sink drain. That would be weird for a vent, the way it’s positioned. If you could run some compressed air or water (seal around the opening), you might be able to determine what it leads to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geopixie

Kind of strange. In the photo , it looks like it’s joined to the sink drain. That would be weird for a vent, the way it’s positioned. If you could run some compressed air or water (seal around the opening), you might be able to determine what it leads to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The vent is there as well ... at least I'm not the only one confused lol here are some additional pictures to see if that helps.

Attachments

• 20220526_152203.jpg
    20220526_152203.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • 20220526_152243.jpg
    20220526_152243.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • 20220526_152320.jpg
    20220526_152320.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220526_152359.jpg
    20220526_152359.jpg
    996.8 KB · Views: 22

david-steph2018

The vent is there as well ... at least I'm not the only one confused lol here are some additional pictures to see if that helps.
I have a couple of questions for you about the rig:
1) When you purchased the RV did the previous owner have it set-up on a seasonal or permanent site?
2) Trace the white PVC pipe and see where it connects to the sewer system
3) Just curious if the white PVC pipe bypasses the gray tank for the galley sink, does it?

With the white PVC pipe in place, I am just wondering if the previous owner ran this drain straight to the sewer outlet and bypass the gray tank.

Geopixie

I have a couple of questions for you about the rig:
1) When you purchased the RV did the previous owner have it set-up on a seasonal or permanent site?
2) Trace the white PVC pipe and see where it connects to the sewer system
3) Just curious if the white PVC pipe bypasses the gray tank for the galley sink, does it?

With the white PVC pipe in place, I am just wondering if the previous owner ran this drain straight to the sewer outlet and bypass the gray tank.
That's exactly what it is :)rjr6150 just walked me through it :) I have a plan thank you all for your help!!