Mission/Donna, Texas RV Park Recommendations

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Hoping to get some suggestions for RV Parks in the Mission/Donna, Texas area. Planning to be in the area for about a month (January to February 2013). I have done some research and have chosen a few that 'look' acceptable via the internet. But I'm hoping that those of you that have first hand knowledge can offer some advice.

First off we are in our mid 40s so we don't qualify for the over 55 parks. (bummer!) Michael would prefer a concrete pad, we'd like a place with some activities, affordable (retirement budget!) can accommodate our 41 ft Key Largo and has a friendly atmosphere & staff. Pluses would be: free wifi, pool &/or hot tub, some shade.

Any and all suggestions/advice will be most welcome! I'm hoping to make my decision in the next few days so that I can get my reservations made.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The nicest parks in Mission is Bentsen Palms Village, but unfortunately, it is likely the most expensive. Beautifully landscaped with great amenities. We couldn't get in this past season but have stayed here before. The other parks in Mission and Donna where we have stayed are 55+ parks and won't help you young'uns.

Good luck in your search.

Willym

Victoria Palms in Donna has nice concrete pads, good amenities and plenty of activities (much more than Bentsen Palms). It is also pricey (by RGV standards) I'm fairly sure that our park (Tropic Star) in Pharr has no age restrictions (but no children, although they can visit) I wouldn't call it pet friendly as RV'ers with pets are restricted to one section which has poor sites. It has a mixture of concrete and asphalt pads and it has as much to do as Victoria Palms but for cheaper.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Victoria Palms in Donna has nice concrete pads, good amenities and plenty of activities (much more than Bentsen Palms). It is also pricey (by RGV standards) I'm fairly sure that our park (Tropic Star) in Pharr has no age restrictions (but no children, although they can visit) I wouldn't call it pet friendly as RV'ers with pets are restricted to one section which has poor sites. It has a mixture of concrete and asphalt pads and it has as much to do as Victoria Palms but for cheaper.

Hmmm...I didn't come across Tropic Star in my research, sounds interesting! Our sons are grown and have families of their own (living in NY & WA) so we have no worries there! We also don't have pets...another plus! Thank you! Going to check it out right now!