Moisture at corner of shower and cabinet

SNOKING

The other day I noticed a web spot under the cabinet at the head of the shower. I dried it out and today it is back. Inside of cabinet is dry and I open the dungeon/zoo to see if water was leaking down below. Everything was dry down below. So I took some picture down the inspection port below the shower valve and could not see anything. In taking the twist off cover on and off a couple times I thought maybe the basil was not sealed correctly to the fiberglass shower wall. In removing it is a found a very thin silicon bead that was stuck to the fiberglass and not to the basil of the inspection port. So I resealed the port and screws. I will let you know if the water issue goes away. Allowing water to sit under the wood cabinet corner would not be good in the long run.

Something to check on! Chris

carl.swoyer

Our shower door track fills and will splash out onto the floor. The track itself is not sealed to the fiberglass and your water fills that area underneath.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Took a show this morning at no water showed up. Will have to wait until DW takes a show to declare the problem solved. Chris

SNOKING

DW, took a shower and still dry right after and a couple hours later! Chris

Last edited:

jjwink

Our similar leak was the round cap on inspection port. Rubber gasket did not fit tight. We contacted manufacturer and they sent a new cap. Sealed it with silicone and no more leaking. Will have to scrape off sealer to get cap off but that is ok.