Moisture buildup from CPAP machine?

crumprj

We bought a North Trail 24RL 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel in June.We are starting 4 month cross country trip August 16[SUP]th[/SUP] fromWashington to Virginia and then back down through Texas, Arizona and up theCalifornia/Oregon coast. We won’t beback until the first part of December.
My wife has sleep apnea and uses a cpap, which pumpsmoisture out into the air. I know a lotof other people out there have the same issue.
To try an keep the moisture buildup down, I just ordered a SunpentownSD-652 Mini Dehumidifier to install in the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel. I would liketo know how other people are addressing this problem?

jimtoo

Re: Moisture buildup

Hi crumprj,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have not heard of a problem with our family members using a cpap machine, but do not know if they are using anything else. I am moving this thread to the medical device area where hopefully some of the other folks can help out.

Enjoy the forum and your new North Trail.

Jim M

jpdoggett

crumprj: I have had a cpap machine for years and a vpap 25 for the last 2 years and I don't have any problems with moisture from it, now most of the time I don't use the humidifier on mine unless the air is realy dry but I still don't have that problem in the RV. Sorry I can't be of any help

PSF513

My wife and I both use cpap machines and we have seen no indication of moisture buildup in any of our previous or our present unit.

bobber

My husband has used CPAP and now BIPAP machine for 20 years. We have camped for several years and have been full time for about 4 years. He uses the humidifier in the winter because of the propane heat but does not use it in the summer. We have never had any trouble with moisture.

SilverRhino

Like others......I have been using my CPAP for a number of years and have not had any moisture issues in three different RV's. I use my humidifier all the time with no issues. What model of CPAP do you have? The one I am currently using is a ResMed.

GOTTOYS

I've never had a problem with mine. Are you sure it isn't just normal moisture build-up? My C-PAP probably doesn't use more than a few ounces of water a night. Try cracking a vent or a window. Be sure you are doing all the normal things to prevent moisture from building up ie: run bathroom fan when using shower, kitchen fan etc. I don't think your problem is from the C-PAP...Don