More Issues With 2021 4006

FL-JOE

For the third time we found water leaking under the kitchen island. The culprit has been the top hose and fittings that come out of the hot water heater. These are the fittings that go into a cheap back-check valve and then on to feed the other hot water fixtures.

This time I ripped it all out and replaced with a larger higher quality back-check valve plus regular 1/2" plastic fittings instead of the mess of combination fittings that Heartland thought was a good idea. Hoping this is the final repair!

Tanya

I am new here but I need to know about the anode rod after winterizing. I bought a new one but I cant seem to get it to screw into the hole . Am I doing something wrong.
Tanya

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tanya, be sure to wrap the thread with Teflon tape. Turn the anode clockwise when installing.

Peace
Dave

FL-JOE

I am new here but I need to know about the anode rod after winterizing. I bought a new one but I cant seem to get it to screw into the hole . Am I doing something wrong.
Tanya
If you have a 2021 4006 then your water heater is probably a Dometic and doesn’t use one. Suburban water heaters use the anode rods.

Hollandt

Tanya
Two possibilities i can think of: There are 1/2" NPT and 3/4" NPT depending on the brand. Your new one maybe a 3/4" and not a 1/2' like the original. The other possibility is the weight of the rod makes it difficult to get the threads lined up square/straight while starting the threads.