MORryde IS

david-steph2018

The last week of October 2020 we spent at MORryde having the IS installed on our 2018 Road Warrior. We then took off for our trip south and west and ended in Arizona. We left Benson, Arizona on our way to Goodyear, Arizona (west Phoeniz). When pulling off into a truck stop my husband, David, noticed we no longer had trailer brakes. We made it to Goodyear and called MORryde and had an authorized service technician, Dwayne of Arizona Alignment, come to analyze the problem. The problem was bolts missing from one of the calibers. After further inspection, bolts were found to be missing off other caliber mounting plates. MORryde sent a new hub assembly but didn't include any bolts. Needless to say Dwayne had to go looking at a few locations in Phoenix to track down the correct ones. After replacing all the bolts on all the hub assemblies, he then had to do a new alignment on our rig. Even with all the issues, we would get the system again, because when it works great.

wdk450

The last week of October 2020 we spent at MORryde having the IS installed on our 2018 Road Warrior. We then took off for our trip south and west and ended in Arizona. We left Benson, Arizona on our way to Goodyear, Arizona (west Phoeniz). When pulling off into a truck stop my husband, David, noticed we no longer had trailer brakes. We made it to Goodyear and called MORryde and had an authorized service technician, Dwayne of Arizona Alignment, come to analyze the problem. The problem was bolts missing from one of the calibers. After further inspection, bolts were found to be missing off other caliber mounting plates. MORryde sent a new hub assembly but didn't include any bolts. Needless to say Dwayne had to go looking at a few locations in Phoenix to track down the correct ones. After replacing all the bolts on all the hub assemblies, he then had to do a new alignment on our rig. Even with all the issues, we would get the system again, because when it works great.

This is the first major problem with MorRyde upgrades assembly quality that I have ever heard of.

david-steph2018

This is the first major problem with MorRyde upgrades assembly quality that I have ever heard of.

MorRyde did stand up and had the repairs completed. MorRyde even had the mechanic pull all the wheels and double check , then correct any issues in the other hub assemblies.
Like we said we would still get the system again, it does a great job on these roads. MorRyde did take great care of us and then double checked everything out.

jbeletti

Thanks for sharing your experience. MORryde makes some great products and by and large, does a great job of installation. But as you've found, they are not infallible. I'm pleased to hear they stood behind this and made it right for you.

porthole

Retired
MOR/ryde has some growing pains with Kodiak brakes. There have been numerous reports of caliper bolts loose or falling out. There is a recall for at least one RV brand for this bolt failure and odds are more than one RV brand is covered.

There are also numerous reports of caliper flex hoses failing at the caliper end flare (we have had 3 failed so far).

Heavier 5th wheels currently have an option of 9K IS suspension which are fitted with Kodiak 9K brakes (actually 10K, Kodiak does not make 9K parts).

The 9K IS with top mounted calipers have had multiple problems with either brake drag or calipers popping out of the brackets. The only thing that keeps the caliper from completely falling off is that it hits the wheel.