MORryde Pinbox

Bobby A

Interesting topic folks, as I am currently trying to deal with Lippert on my very very expensive tri glide pin box that is so rusted we are afraid to pull the trailer. I sent pics to Lippert close to 2 weeks ago and no call back to get a determination. I have never seen a pin box as rusted as mine. If I can't get some support from Lippert I may jump ship and go to Mor ryde, I do love the tri glide performance though. Also, does anyone know if the Mor ryde is long enough to pull with a Dodge Ram Mega Cab short bed without a slider hitch ?? I am concerned when I make some what of a tight turn the trailer may hit the rear of my cab. Never had an issue with the tri glide.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
They no longer make the Triglide. It has been replaced by the Flexair.
Grab the plate that the pin is attached to and see if there is any sloppiness to it. If that plate has excessive movement it is something that Lippert needs to be aware of when you talk to them. They do wear out.

Peace
Dave

Bobby A

Interesting topic folks, as I am currently trying to deal with Lippert on my very very expensive tri glide pin box that is so rusted we are afraid to pull the trailer. I sent pics to Lippert close to 2 weeks ago and no call back to get a determination. I have never seen a pin box as rusted as mine. If I can't get some support from Lippert I may jump ship and go to Mor ryde, I do love the tri glide performance though. Also, does anyone know if the Mor ryde is long enough to pull with a Dodge Ram Mega Cab short bed without a slider hitch ?? I am concerned when I make some what of a tight turn the trailer may hit the rear of my cab. Never had an issue with the tri glide
They no longer make the Triglide. It has been replaced by the Flexair.
Grab the plate that the pin is attached to and see if there is any sloppiness to it. If that plate has excessive movement it is something that Lippert needs to be aware of when you talk to them. They do wear out.

Peace
Dave
Hi Dave,
Yes I am aware that the tri glide is now the Flexair, basically the same, I don't think Flexair has all the zirk fittings like mine does. Mine is in real bad shape as I explain. I will check for sloppiness as you mentioned, but it is badly rusting like a ship in the sea.

Bobby A

Interesting topic folks, as I am currently trying to deal with Lippert on my very very expensive tri glide pin box that is so rusted we are afraid to pull the trailer. I sent pics to Lippert close to 2 weeks ago and no call back to get a determination. I have never seen a pin box as rusted as mine. If I can't get some support from Lippert I may jump ship and go to Mor ryde, I do love the tri glide performance though. Also, does anyone know if the Mor ryde is long enough to pull with a Dodge Ram Mega Cab short bed without a slider hitch ?? I am concerned when I make some what of a tight turn the trailer may hit the rear of my cab. Never had an issue with the tri glide

Hi Dave,
Yes I am aware that the tri glide is now the Flexair, basically the same, I don't think Flexair has all the zirk fittings like mine does. Mine is in real bad shape as I explain. I will check for sloppiness as you mentioned, but it is badly rusting like a ship in the sea.

Bobby A

I am just doing a follow up on my post . I have been in touch with Lippert today and they have agreed to replace my pin box. I have to give a shout out for good customer service from Lippert.

porthole

Retired
I am just doing a follow up on my post . I have been in touch with Lippert today and they have agreed to replace my pin box. I have to give a shout out for good customer service from Lippert.

The tri glide turned out to be a disaster - and lippert has been replacing for customers because they know they are a bad design.

Bobby A

The tri glide turned out to be a disaster - and lippert has been replacing for customers because they know they are a bad design.
sorry for the late reply, yes, very bad design, I love how it handled the trailer, very smooth. Its to bad but a least they are making good and replacing for customers. That pin box was a lot of money.