Mounting a tv mount in a 2016 trail runner bedroom

Dannyh704

Hello!!! I'm trying to figure out how to mount a TV mount in our 2016 Heartland Trail Runner SLE bedroom. There's a cable outlet next to an electric outlet at the top of the wall. I've used a magnet to try and locate a "metal mounting square" but no luck. Help... PLEASE.

MDH2021

Hello Dannyh704. We don't have the same trailer but on our 2021 Mallard M260 I didn't find a wood or metal backing plate to mount a TV in the bedroom. I removed the cable outlet and used a inspection mirror, flashlight, and a tape measure to locate a wall stud to mount TV wall mount to. Then installed a small light weight LED TV.

Dannyh704

I was told to find the thin tape line that blends the wall boards together and that's a stud. Im just not 100%.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you can find two studs you might consider a piece of 3/4 inch plywood, covering it with black or grey speaker cabinet cloth, mounting it to the studs then mounting your TV to that board.

Peace
Dave

MDH2021

We used a PERLESMITH UL Listed Lockable RV TV Mount for Most 13-42 Inch TVs, RV TV Wall Mount for Camper Trailer Motorhome Boat Truck. We have a single sliding door and mounted it towards the door side wall so it would clear the door during travel. It locks so the TV doesn't move. We release it and maneuver the TV for best viewing.

would magnets help to find the studs or plate? I am going to be mounting a TV in the bedroom wall soon. I am new to Heartland Trailers and don't know how they are constructed.

MDH2021

Hello keithlowry, On our 2021 Mallard M260 the interior walls separating the bedroom from the rest were wood studs and had no mounting plate or backer board. The living room mounting spot did have a 1/2 inch thick plywood backer board.

Dannyh704

We installed the mount on the 2 inch stud on a side wall. 3 trips and its as sturdy as needed. Thank you everyone!!!

Hello keithlowry, On our 2021 Mallard M260 the interior walls separating the bedroom from the rest were wood studs and had no mounting plate or backer board. The living room mounting spot did have a 1/2 inch thick plywood backer board.

I thought about using the backer board through the other side (the living area backer It’s directly behind the mounting area I would use for the bedroom).

@Dannyh704 i noticed the side stud today and think that would be a great option too.

Daley07

Installing your television on studs ensures a sturdy and robust installation. The drill holes should be somewhat smaller in diameter than the screws. Attach the mounting to your RV wall with screws that may be accessed by a drill or a Phillips head screwdriver. Before you screw them in, check the alignment with your level stick. As a result, you can keep your RV from falling.

jerryjay11

I was able to find the studs of our camper by just pressing on the wall panel and where the panel didn't press in were the studs.