Mounting Television with Rotating Cabinet

I am new here and hope that this is a dumb question. We have a 2016 Mallard with an entertainment center that has a rotating cabinet for the TV. This swivel cabinet is not very deep and I don't think I can set a TV in there. I assume most users mount the TV with a bracket but the backer board on the cabinet doesn't seem very strong. Has anyone had experiences with this?

jimtoo

Hi gwallington,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you about the TV mounting.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Hello, gwallington. We have a 2015 Mallard M28 and I think we have the same TV cabinet. The center section of the backer board has a vertical piece of solid wood that you can mount the TV to. We bought a 42" LED tv and mounted the bracket to the swivel cabinet with wood screws. I don't remember the width of the vertical board but you can try a stud finder to pinpoint the width and mark the area out. We swivel the TV around so that it faces the closed bedroom sliding doors when we are traveling.

Follow up - I didn't notice the center piece of wood so that would answer my question. Assuming that the center piece is NOT there (I actually looked at it for a while and can't believe I would miss it), does anyone else have suggestions? The whole backer board seems kind of flimsy to me.

rahewett

Hi, Gwallington. My wife and I have a wilderness 2775 rb which is, I believe, is the same floor plan. Ours came with a 32" TV mounted in the swivel unit. It has a flat bracket and it is fine. I went one step further. I turned the cabinet around to face the bedroom and secured it in place. I then mounted a new mount to the flat side that faces the living area and hung a 40" LG flat screen. This mount allows me to pull the TV out and turn it towards the couch or dining table for a better view. The surface you are worried about will be fine whether you go with just the normal setup or go crazy like me. I just like to so now when we go to bed we don't have to spin the TV around.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk