moving bighorn with slides out

herefishy

Dumb question but I'm still tired from moving and got all the slides out and stuff strewn around and found out I wasn't even and have to move again. Can I move the trailer with all the slides still out? I've seen another manufacturer do it, but haven't had the pleasure of being at the Heartland factory.

danemayer

I think there would be undesirable stress on the slideout supports and perhaps the sidewalls of the trailer. Even slight movements will be magnified because when extended, the weight of the slideouts will have quite a bit of leverage against everything they touch.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unless you're still tossing boards under the tires to level out your rig, why do you have to move it?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yes, we're still board tossers - is there a better way?

There was before Lippert bought the patent and rights to the original Ground Control system. I stopped using boards and Legos after installing it back in 2011 before the acquisition..

Lippert still sells their version of it, but it got a lot more pricey. There are variants of the Level-Up system, though.

pegmikef

Simple. It is not recommended to move rig with slides out. In fact on two rigs I have owned it was specified not to open the slideouts unless the jacks were down.