Moving to Detroit . . .

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On a flight getting ready to depart for Detroit, Jack was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear. "What's the matter?" Jack asked.

"I've been transferred to Detroit, there's crazy people there. They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate."

Jack replied, "I've lived in Detroit all my life. It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you.

I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"Me?" said Jack. "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck!"

we lived in the detroit metro area until 2011 and it was not that bad i also have a son that is a cop in detroit but that bothers me alot cause they dont care to much for the good guys.But on the over all it was a great state to live in i do miss it at times

jam20ster

Not that bad! I guess its all relative to what you are used to. Me, you wouldn't catch me dead there. Any place I can't exercise my 2nd amendment right freely, is a no go for me.

Tell your son thank you for his service. My prayers go out to you and your family.

JohnD

I was born and raised in southern Michigan . . . about 70 miles west of Detroit.

john i was also and i guess it really is what you get used to.Now i am in tn. and i am alot more comfortable.We moved for many different reasons but one of the the biggest was the breaking news in the morning about a police officer down it was scary and nerve racking to say the least but thks for the thks to my son i will let him know he really likes to hear it.He has lost 2 friends in the last 2 months so he is really down rite now . thks again.

CoveredWagon

On a flight getting ready to depart for Detroit, Jack was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear. "What's the matter?" Jack asked.

"I've been transferred to Detroit, there's crazy people there. They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate."

Jack replied, "I've lived in Detroit all my life. It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you.

I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"Me?" said Jack. "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck!"

that's just about right LOL

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I have lived in Detroit suburbs my entire life and other than an occasional winter break, I love it. The problems you read about are way overblown as most are from years past. as Michigan chapter leader I am always looking for a RV park that was in commuting distance so I could show people some of our wonderful places, including The Henry Ford, Greenfield Village and Ford Truck factory tour as well as the vibrant downtown Detroit area. Like any other big city there are areas you avoid.

Mattman

Tail gunner on a Budweiser truck? I know this story is fake. Why would anyone waste bullets to save Budweiser?
:D

JohnD

Tail gunner on a Budweiser truck?

I know this story is fake.

Why would anyone waste bullets to save Budweiser? :D

I would say that if we were talking about a Miller's or Coor's (pronounced Curr's in Colorado) truck... :p