MPG 183 Slide Problem

kgbmpg

Did a search but didn’t see any answers for a 183. My slide won’t go out under shore power; seems to be no power to switch.
1) where is manual retractor on model 183 so I can even get to electrical power
2) is switch controlled by 12v fuses or 110 breaker

any help would be appreciated. On an extended trip and can’t operate slide!

danemayer

Slides operate on 12V DC from the battery. For slides, the power usually goes through mini-circuit breakers located near the battery - more on that later.

The tank level indicator includes a battery level indicator. If on shore power, you should see 4 lights. But that's from the power converter output and doesn't necessarily reflect battery charge. If you shut off shore power and read the battery level again, you should see at least 4 3 lights.

If your battery is dead, you can use jumper cables from the tow vehicle to charge it up. 20-30 minutes at high idle should be enough to run the slide.

A dead battery may be caused by a tripped 12V DC manual-reset circuit breaker. There are small circuit breakers near your battery. They're covered by red rubber boots. One of them has a teeny tiny reset button. See the picture.

If your battery level is good, with shore power and tow vehicle disconnected, you may have a problem at the switch that operates the slide. Carefully pull it away from the wall. Use your phone to take a clear picture of how the wires are attached. If you have another similar switch, perhaps for stabilizers, you can temporarily swap them to work around a bad switch.

circuit breaker reset.jpg

Last edited:

kgbmpg

Slides operate on 12V DC from the battery. For slides, the power usually goes through mini-circuit breakers located near the battery - more on that later.

The tank level indicator includes a battery level indicator. If on shore power, you should see 4 lights. But that's from the power converter output and doesn't necessarily reflect battery charge. If you shut off shore power and read the battery level again, you should see at least 4 3 lights.

If your battery is dead, you can use jumper cables from the tow vehicle to charge it up. 20-30 minutes at high idle should be enough to run the slide.

A dead battery may be caused by a tripped 12V DC manual-reset circuit breaker. There are small circuit breakers near your battery. They're covered by red rubber boots. One of them has a teeny tiny reset button. See the picture.

If your battery level is good, with shore power and tow vehicle disconnected, you may have a problem at the switch that operates the slide. Carefully pull it away from the wall. Use your phone to take a clear picture of how the wires are attached. If you have another similar switch, perhaps for stabilizers, you can temporarily swap them to work around a bad switch.

View attachment 65536

Thank you you so much for the detailed answer. I found a loose wire on the battery harness and that was the problem!
Before I saw your answer I located the manual nuts on both sides of the fold out bed. It does necessitate removing the facia board to get full access. It takes a 1/2” socket with ratchet or drill to manually open and close the slide. A good learning experience and now I have the right tools to handle the problem if the motor or switch dies. Thanks again, you’re a savior. Oh, I also pulled out each 12v fuse to check those as well.