MSRP are a little hard to swallow

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I recently checked into a Bighorn at a local dealer. The website said is has $24,000.00 in options. When I emailed to ask what the options were I received an attachment build sheet for this unit. The options are: full body paint and a Dyson vacuum. Holy crap! Really? Full body paint was usually in the 10,000-12,000 dollar range so that means that the Dyson vacuum must really be about 12,000 too huh? I'll just wait for things to level out. No way am I touching that.

thewanderingeight

If you are willing to travel, there are still good deals out there. We drove from TX to PA to save about 15k on our 2021. Not sure why it was so much cheaper than every other dealer we talked to, but it was nice to save a chunk of money. Our best theory is that it was a very small dealer, with a very big RV sitting on their lot they just wanted to get rid of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

If you're looking for a Bighorn, ours will be on the market in about 7-10 days. PM me if interested...it has Full Body Paint and about 12k in aftermarket updates that I installed.

Attachments

• Bighorn For Sale.pdf
    34.6 KB · Views: 28

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
If you're looking for a Bighorn, ours will be on the market in about 7-10 days. PM me if interested...it has Full Body Paint and about 12k in aftermarket updates that I installed.
Are you done camping or just changing rigs?

taskswap

We did the same thing as thewanderingeight. We wanted the Milestone 386BH and it was listed in the 63k-74k range everywhere we looked. But one dealer in Kentucky had it at 52k even with the options we cared about. It was about 1800 miles each way to get it, but worth it in the end. The one big downside to doing that is we had two issues that were definitely things the dealer should have taken care of, but didn't notice them until we got it home.

sengli

No kidding. Gone are the days when you could buy a big horn, or big country for 50-60K. They have doubled in price. Too rich for my blood now. Adding insult to injury, here in indiana the tags are costed out against your MSRP value. So the yearly tags would cost 1200 a year with the high priced units these days.

CoveredWagon

Order a new one the way you want it. Call April at Lakeshore in MUSKEGON MI she gave Mecca heck of a deal.

Oregon_Camper

Are you done camping or just changing rigs?

Just changing to an SOB (Grand Design 390RK). Wife is retired so we are going to be on the road for 4-5 months a year and wanted something a bit bigger. Love the Bighorn...if we didn't need a bit more space to live in, we'd keep it for sure!

I agree with Dave in Post #7.
I purchased mine also from Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, Michigan.
I thought I got a great deal.
My Bighorn is a 2019 3760EL.

Hockster

sengli

Times have changed. Lakeshore RV in Muskegon no longer carries any heartland products (big horn, big country, landmark) except the torque toy haulers. They used to be a big time supporter of heartland, but no more.

steadi_on

We did the same thing as thewanderingeight. We wanted the Milestone 386BH and it was listed in the 63k-74k range everywhere we looked. But one dealer in Kentucky had it at 52k even with the options we cared about. It was about 1800 miles each way to get it, but worth it in the end. The one big downside to doing that is we had two issues that were definitely things the dealer should have taken care of, but didn't notice them until we got it home.
@taskswap Will you please share which dealership in KY you purchased it from? I'm looking for the same model.

NYSUPstater

How about Couch's RV Nation? I Know they carry Big Country. We traveled 500 miles 1 way and saved close to 9 grand for ours. Been very pleased/happy w/the rig.