My Heartland experience

kowAlski631

Oh my Martha, it seems that maybe you have a greater insight than us mere mortals. Please share.

So, are you attacking me because I questioned your concept of "implied warranty"? Quite frankly, implied warranties may be as good as the paper they're written on. Been my life's experience that many times when terms are thrown around, the person doing the throwing doesn't have a good grasp of it. Bless your heart, I hope that's not true in your case. (I write in the same way as I speak and I worked as a paralegal for attorneys in my career)

Martha

wiredog

So, are you attacking me because I questioned your concept of "implied warranty"? Quite frankly, implied warranties may be as good as the paper they're written on. Been my life's experience that many times when terms are thrown around, the person doing the throwing doesn't have a good grasp of it. Bless your heart, I hope that's not true in your case. (I write in the same way as I speak and I worked as a paralegal for attorneys in my career)

Martha

No ma'am. Not attacking.

It seems that I may have misunderstood your phrasing.

Bless your heart has several connotations. To me thats either Im touched, ignorant or truly sympathized. It appears you meant it as the latter, if that is the case I apologize.

As far as throwing things around, an implied warranty isn't necessarily written, thus the term implied, but I digress.

But to get back on topic which is hard on this forum... Spoke with the Heartland rep today. They have the new slide roof, flooring, cabinets going back in. He told me it will be going in the "rain bay" for leak testing before shipping back to me next week.

It has been a long frustrating experience. I came here not so much for help but to vent and give a voice to my issue. Many post here to share the same but others are the consummate water carriers, providing no understanding, empathy or logic, everyone knows who they are.

Anyway, I will conclude this adventure next week... If it is delivered.

kowAlski631

No ma'am. Not attacking.

It seems that I may have misunderstood your phrasing.

Bless your heart has several connotations. To me thats either Im touched, ignorant or truly sympathized. It appears you meant it as the latter, if that is the case I apologize.

As far as throwing things around, an implied warranty isn't necessarily written, thus the term implied, but I digress.

But to get back on topic which is hard on this forum... Spoke with the Heartland rep today. They have the new slide roof, flooring, cabinets going back in. He told me it will be going in the "rain bay" for leak testing before shipping back to me next week.

It has been a long frustrating experience. I came here not so much for help but to vent and give a voice to my issue. Many post here to share the same but others are the consummate water carriers, providing no understanding, empathy or logic, everyone knows who they are.

Anyway, I will conclude this adventure next week... If it is delivered.

Thank you. I hope all goes well. I'm also from the South and realize that the phrase has been tweaked by non Southerners to mean many things. Perhaps it's a phrase best stated than written.

Rhyph

To the OP, keep your chin up, it'll hopefully get better! Our RW 420 has been an absolute pleasure to own. Every ownership experience is different, some night and day from one to another. Some can be a real nightmare without the proper support at the right time. This thread reminds me of another; a certain trailer that we disposed of and how several people on here practically ostracized me because of their sheer disbelief of just how bad our problems were (not a reference to anyone in particular, even within this thread). We had to go through a lot of escalations. Heartland will ultimately take care of you, and that's why we are still here.

Last edited:

Kristy

I think that a lot of the problems we run into with a new trailer has to do with the way the dealer did the PDI. When I purchased my last trailer I paid a little more because I knew the way they do PDI. Also it is up to the buyer to spend as much time as needed to do their own PDI. Do not rush through a walk through when the person who does it explains how things work. Ask a lot of questions.
Don

Don: What do you mean "you paid a little more". Do you mean you hired a professional RV appraiser to come in for your PDI? I too am worried about the dealer's PDI."

Kristy

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Don: What do you mean "you paid a little more". Do you mean you hired a professional RV appraiser to come in for your PDI? I too am worried about the dealer's PDI."

Kristy

I think he means that he went to a dealer that he knows and trusts versus shopping around the internet for the cheapest price and expecting to get the best service experience.

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Wow!! What an experience!! I hope too, they stand behind and take care of this for you. Good luck!!

Terri