My wife's BMW in a toy hauler

Hello my wife and I planning on getting a tri-axle Cyclone or Road Warrior in the next year or 2 and wonder if our bmw z3 will fit? the weight is almost 3000 and the measurements are L-159"x W-69"x H-51"? My concern is will the ramp support it going in and out?

danemayer

Hi Soon-2-be-toy-hauler,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm sure some toy hauler owners will share their experience with you.

alwaysbusy

Hello Mr Soon,
It's the wife's so I know it's a priority, LOL. A lot of hauler's hover around 10' to 12' garages; however, there are many larger that will accommodate a 13.25' necessity. Just know that you will have fewer floor plans to choose from. The ramp capacity when being utilized as a patio is 3,000 lbs. I don't know of a load capacity specifically for the ramp other than this but maybe someone else here does. Nonetheless, I've seen smart cars and others loaded but do weigh less. If no one can advise a number you could always phone Heartland.

SNOKING

I would think that high centering would be an issue on the ramp to floor transition. Chris

LBR

Hello my wife and I planning on getting a tri-axle Cyclone or Road Warrior in the next year or 2 and wonder if our bmw z3 will fit? the weight is almost 3000 and the measurements are L-159"x W-69"x H-51"? My concern is will the ramp support it going in and out?
Your not going to have any problem for length...ours has 16.66' of usable depth...

I agree with the sketchness of 3000 lbs on the ramp and hinge system. There are a handful of threads here for you to search out where members had to replace their TH ramp doors and how they beefed up both sides of the hinging area.

Good luck with whatever your decision may be.

avvidclif

I seem to remember the ramp is rated for 2500 lbs. I know me on my bike is a load(~900 lbs). I would hesitate to put over 1500 lbs on it. Besides the fact a 3k car is going the present all kinds of handling issues with the light pin weight. To me not a good idea.

Thank you to all that have replied and I was thinking i might be able to get long vehicle ramps which will let the ground and floor of rv take all the weight then I won't have to worry about the ramp/deck door.

I seem to remember the ramp is rated for 2500 lbs. I know me on my bike is a load(~900 lbs). I would hesitate to put over 1500 lbs on it. Besides the fact a 3k car is going the present all kinds of handling issues with the light pin weight. To me not a good idea.
Thanks good point. The wife will just have to drive the dually.

LBR

Thank you to all that have replied and I was thinking i might be able to get long vehicle ramps which will let the ground and floor of rv take all the weight then I won't have to worry about the ramp/deck door.
Funny that you mentioned this...we roll with a 1600# SxS in the garage and I'm getting ready to test my aluminum loading ramps for fitment from garage floor to ground. They have a nice arch in the center and it would help the ramp door out from loading stress....would be worth it even if we have the ramps to deal with all the time.

avvidclif

You could always go to New Horizons and they would be glad to build you one that could handle the Z3.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I haven't seen this mentioned, but what is the total carry capacity of a toy hauler that will have the garage space for this? If the car weighs 3K, will you have room for all the other camping gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk