Nashville , July 4, 2020

NYSUPstater

I know this is over a year away, but seeking some input if I may. IF all goes well, would like to leave Thur july 2 and travel during the night in hopes of avoiding most if not all traffic. There may be a couple other rigs either traveling with us or meeting us there. Know there are 3 campgrounds next door to each other across the street from Opryland Hotel, Opryland itself. We stayed at Jellystone back in '07-'08 or so. Providing there isn't any major flooding, any recommendations on either these 3 campgrounds or others close by to things. Major goal is to watch the fireworks as I'm told it's H-U-G-E and lasts about 1/2-3/4 of an hour. Also told by C of C, best place to watch them is from Titans stadium.......but to get there by mid afternoon.........Say what???? More/less if that's the case, you could be there for like 8-9 hours overall!!! Doing the regular Nashville destinations no big deal, but have no idea if any potra johns would be avail at parking lot or not.

After here, looking at heading to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area for a couple days.

So, for those that have more knowledge of the area, please offer up some tips/suggestions that would be greatly appreciated..

TIA

Kbvols

The Nashville KOA is an awesome campground. Most sites are deluxe patio sights. The pool is fantastic. The owners do it right as they keep pool open as long as there are people swimming or using hot tub. The campground has several other activities for kids also. It is a little pricey to camp but for us worth the money. The Downtown shuttle runs from the campground to the Broadway area on the hour. The round trip cost is $10 per person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BarbandFrank

Re Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge - we are here right now for a month at Cove Creek RV Resort in Sevierville. This RV Park is very close to the Smoky Mountains as well as the activities in Pigeon Forge. We have also stayed many times at River Plantation RV Resort. Both of these resorts are located in Sevierville, TN. We like both of the resorts - but prefer the location at Cove Creek.

in Nashville there is a beautiful Corps of Engineers campground - Seven Points. It right on a lake with beautiful campsites. It’s about 20 minutes outside of the tourist section of Nashville.

Last edited:

CDN

B and B
We stayed at Nashville Shore in 2015 at a Rally with 25 other trailers. The lake front sites where nice often where people congregated. They had a shuttle that took you to Broadway, Opryland Area and all the fun. It worked for our group of 50 to 65 people. The hot August heat power dipped a little but we never lost power. They have a party room and water park adjacent to the campground.

carl.swoyer

I know this is over a year away, but seeking some input if I may. IF all goes well, would like to leave Thur july 2 and travel during the night in hopes of avoiding most if not all traffic. There may be a couple other rigs either traveling with us or meeting us there. Know there are 3 campgrounds next door to each other across the street from Opryland Hotel, Opryland itself. We stayed at Jellystone back in '07-'08 or so. Providing there isn't any major flooding, any recommendations on either these 3 campgrounds or others close by to things. Major goal is to watch the fireworks as I'm told it's H-U-G-E and lasts about 1/2-3/4 of an hour. Also told by C of C, best place to watch them is from Titans stadium.......but to get there by mid afternoon.........Say what???? More/less if that's the case, you could be there for like 8-9 hours overall!!! Doing the regular Nashville destinations no big deal, but have no idea if any potra johns would be avail at parking lot or not.

After here, looking at heading to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area for a couple days.

So, for those that have more knowledge of the area, please offer up some tips/suggestions that would be greatly appreciated..

TIA
Percy Preist Army Corps park is where we stay

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Percy Preist Army Corps park is where we stay

I would suggest that you make a reservation. The army corps parks are filling up fast. I ended up out in town as I was unable to get reservation for my time frame.