Need a new roof?

I know there are several threads related to this issue, but I wanted to get some other folks opinion / experience before I make a decision.

I own a 2016 Bighorn 3010RE.
I have recently noticed a number of "gooey" spots appearing on my roof. I also have noticed some bubbles appearing on the roof as well (see attached photos). The following threads speak to the "gooey" spots, but not the bubbles:
- https://heartlandowners.org/threads/soft-sticky-gooey-roof.73918/
- https://heartlandowners.org/threads/roof-questions.79128/
- https://heartlandowners.org/threads/roof-is-deteriorating-on-my-2019-landmark-newport.79991/

Per the recommendations in the threads above, I reached out to Dicor, provided photos, and they offered to provide the necessary materials to replace my roof. When I checked into the labor cost ($10,000) and saw in some of the threads that the issue was cosmetic, I wondered if I could simply apply a coating / sealer to address the issue. I am considering using Henry's Tropicool for the job. Would this be a reasonable solution to my problem, or should I go the new roof route?

Since I am the second owner of the trailer, a warranty repair is not an option.

An insights or advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Attachments

• 20210602_175317.jpg
    20210602_175317.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210602_175143.jpg
    20210602_175143.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 52

wdk450

Gary:
I have Henrys Tropi-Cool on my roof, but did not have the sticky roof condition before it was applied (by and RV service professional).

I would suggest contacting Henrys and see what they say.

Lou_and_Bette

Please keep us informed regarding your searching, I have the same issue and was trying to decide how to fix. Have looked at Henry’s, have a NIL who did his roof, but didn’t have the “stickiness,” and he likes the outcome. I also looked at a product called “Crazy Seal.” Following

sjandbj

I had the same problem with our roof. It was so sticky that I could not walk on it. I chose to get the roof removed and then have RV Flex Amour sprayed on the roof. It comes with a lifetime warranty. It cost me less than putting a new rubber roof and it is much stronger now. I would never go back to the rubber roof again. There are several post regarding the Dicor roof being bad and the RV Flex Aromour install.

We have same roof problem with new to us 2015 BH 3010 and it isnt covered by warranty. The roof has many small pimples that dont pop, they smear. Technicians say it is where the coating is not adhering to the membrane. I have an aftermarket extended warranty and it hasn't declined this yet, but Im expecting them to do so. Dicor also offered materials needed at no cost, but I'm looking at all options. For those who have done a repair, knowing what you know now, would you take the same course of action that you took? Considering all avenues here. The flex armor roof is intriguing, only of no maintenance ever required again. We really like the floorplan and want to keep it long term, but didnt expect to need to spend $8k in labor for any repairs this early in ownership.

Please keep us informed regarding your searching, I have the same issue and was trying to decide how to fix. Have looked at Henry’s, have a NIL who did his roof, but didn’t have the “stickiness,” and he likes the outcome. I also looked at a product called “Crazy Seal.” Following
Lou, I just posted regarding roof problem, same as you. Have you made any repairs yet?
Thanks, Brad

southernlady5464

We had to have our roof replaced due to an argument with with a tree a few years back. Had we known the cost of replacing the roof was comparable to replacing it with an RV Armor roof, we would have done that.

Abear79

We went with PRO-TEK life-time roof on our rv. We got it early this year. Very happy with the roof. The life-time warranty is transferable. We to hit a tree branch on the home last year during a storm. The price difference was minimal. I think the pro-tek roof was cheaper than a new rubber roof. If interested I can send pics of the roof and how pro-tek did all of the covers. You do lose you skylights. but that was not an issue for us.