Need a Repair Center to replace my RV Floor

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Good Day All.

It has been quite a while since I have been on the forum or even to a rally. Life has been very very busy for me and I will post up on the general forum whats up. But right now I need some help. Last summer I was camping out in the Mid-west and found that I had a very soft floor by my slide out in the kitchen. This is of couse my 2010 Cyclone 3010. I found that the rubber gasket that protects the lower part of the slide had ripped and was not providing a seal any longer. This was confirmed by the floor only appearing wet after traveling in rain storms and not when camping in downpours ( yes it was a wet spring and summer )

I have determined that it is time to replace the entire kitchen floor from the slider to the stairs since I had an earlier leak at the refrigerator that compromised the floor along that entire wall includign the floor in front of the door.

I had considered doing the repair myself but I just do not have time time to do it, still too busy.

Is this something I should consider taking back to Elkhart or do I look for an experienced RV service center on the east coast?

I used to have a great service center the next town over but he passed away suddenly a few years ago and then a year later his son also passed.

What I really want to do is have someone remove the slide and kitchen and then replace insulation and then the Floor with Plywood ( not fiber board ) and then install a finish floor, maybe a hardwood laminate style - The Kitchen Cabinets ( at least the one with the fridge ) have also suffered some water damage in the original leak on that side and may be in need of some repair or replacement depending on cost.

So generally looking for some advice here. Where do I go to get this kind of work done?

mlpeloquin

Ya. My cousin's husband Mike, and his son Mikie, RV's-R-US in North Oxford, MA. It was a shock to the entire family. They always got business from other dissatisfied customers of other RV repair businesses. He did not know of any other one with a good reputation. Many went out of business during the economic slowdown in Massachusetts. I wish I could help you. You have your work cut out trying to find an honest RV repair business that has knowledgeable, caring workers near you.

recumbent615

It was quite the shock. Mike was one of the honest and capable people I have come across in the RV industry. My heart goes out to your cousin - no one should have to deal with the loss that she has in her life.

Ya. My cousin's husband Mike, and his son Mikie, RV's-R-US in North Oxford, MA. It was a shock to the entire family. They always got business from other dissatisfied customers of other RV repair businesses. He did not know of any other one with a good reputation. Many went out of business during the economic slowdown in Massachusetts. I wish I could help you. You have your work cut out trying to find an honest RV repair business that has knowledgeable, caring workers near you.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hey Kev.
Sounds like you been quite busy. How’s “Grandpap” life been treating you?

Here is who we have used in the past on some delamination issues and if we keep this trailer, they will be handling some slide issues for us.
www.happycampenterprises.com

recumbent615

Thanks Jamie,

I will consider making the trip if I do not find someone in my neck of the woods or along one of my planned travel routes this winter.

I assume you had them doing warranty service but do you know what their rates are like?

Hope we can catch up at one of the rallies this summer.

Its been a really busy and challenging time - but I am loving having all these grand babies !

NYSUPstater

Although way the heck out of your way, check with 7 O's Rv Way in Cicero, NY (115 miles north of Syracuse). They were my old dealer, but I still use them for inspections. Very good work and nice folks. Tell them Mike sent ya. Then they will probly tell you "No way, your're outta luck". LOL

jbeletti

Kevin,

I've seen Heartland do floor replacements and where they had to remove the kitchen slide as well. This was at their service center. No idea on what their rates are. Might be worth an inquiry on your part to at least have another data point.

recumbent615

Kevin,

I've seen Heartland do floor replacements and where they had to remove the kitchen slide as well. This was at their service center. No idea on what their rates are. Might be worth an inquiry on your part to at least have another data point.

Thanks Jim,

I've been calling them since you posted this and they just do not seem to answer the phones - select service and it rings for a bit then says I can leave a message in the main mailbox but when I press 0 it says the mailbox is full - so I guess they don't listen to the voice mail either.... not what I expected from a company that I have received excellent customer service from in the past! I'll try again tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sniper

Thanks Jim,

I've been calling them since you posted this and they just do not seem to answer the phones - select service and it rings for a bit then says I can leave a message in the main mailbox but when I press 0 it says the mailbox is full - so I guess they don't listen to the voice mail either.... not what I expected from a company that I have received excellent customer service from in the past! I'll try again tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jim,

I seen a post on face book that many of their (Heartland) operations were curtailed or stopped the past 3 days due to the extremely cold temps. Maybe that has something to do with your not being able to make contact. Good luck. :)

jbeletti

Kevin - the plants and all offices have been closed much of this week, including still today due to weather. It's going to take them some time to work through their email and voice message backlog once office reopen. Unsure when that will be.

recumbent615

Kevin - the plants and all offices have been closed much of this week, including still today due to weather. It's going to take them some time to work through their email and voice message backlog once office reopen. Unsure when that will be.

Thanks Jim

I did get a call back but they do not do customer paid service. But I was given a few leads on service centers to call. Although none of them were here in the New England area. I currently leaning towards taking it out to affinity in Goshen or happy camp ent in PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

If you are coming thru Ohio keep an eye on the weather. Right now no snow but all of Ohio is on flood watches from north to south and east to west. We are expecting 3-4" of rain over the next
24-48 hours.