Need advice on how to work with Heartland on issue

potmcr

Anyone have advice as how to handle my dealings to come with Heartland. I have a 2010 Cyclone 3950. I lost the third axle on my first trip. **** thing just fell off while going down the highway (no body hurt thank God). It caused thousands of dollars in damage but it was all covered by the warranty. I lost the camper for four months. Soon after I realized that the bedroom slide exterior floor was showing cuts or groves in the exterior floor of the bump out. I did speak to a dealer about it but I wanted to use the camper for a little while. Anyway fast foward to about a year past my ONE YEAR warranty and I brought it in for repairs. Dealer said the bump out rollers were substandard and broke away from the brackets leaving the bump out to ride on the brackets themselves. Heartland said they wont cover it. So far I have owned the camper approximately 29 months and spent 8 months in the shop. What is my best bet in dealing with Heartland?? Any advice is welcome.

hoefler

Start with calling customer service, have all you documents, and ducks in a row, then politely and calmly plead your case.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If I read your post correctly. You had a dealer look at the slide before it was a year old?? You might see if that dealer will verify that to HL. But frankly, if you decided to not have it repaired and went on your way for a year. HL just might have a leg to stand on and not repair it. We all make choices that bite us in the rearend sometimes. Good luck and I hope HL helps you out.