Need Help With A Slide Problem On A Big Horn!!!!!!

JanAndBill

As near as I can tell we have a BAL Accu Slide, cable operated in our bedroom. Every so often it's been a little more noisy than usual, but yesterday after setting winterized for about 3 weeks, I put the bedroom slide out and it sounded like a giant grinder. We came in from a trip in November, no issues. In fact after coming in we put it in and out 2 or 3 times as we unloaded the trailer, with no issues. Yesterday the temperature was in the low 30's and the trailer was cold. The noise only happens trying to put the slide out, when you bring it in, it's as quiet as can be.

I've checked all the pulleys nothing in them, cables haven't jumped out, and nothing appears to be binding. The noise appears to be coming from the gear box, but I'm not sure why it's quiet one way and not the other. The gear box doesn't look like the ones listed in the Accu Slide service manual. My gear box and motor are separate mounted to a steel frame. The motor is connected to the gear box by what looks like a flexible shaft. My gut feeling it's a bad gear box, but before I replace, would like to be sure. Anyone have this problem before????
20161219_170341.jpg

JanAndBill

Yeah, we were supposed to leave next week for a month. Would like to change out before I'm someplace with a problem and no tools.

JanAndBill

Quick update on the slide problem. I exhausted about every resource I could find for a replacement gear box. Despite previous good encounters I was surprised to find Heartland Parts was not helpful in the least. The best they could do was charge me twice the amount it should have been and get it to me in 4 weeks. No other help or suggestions whatsoever. After going around, and around with every distributor I could find, II called BAL/Accuslide back and got in touch with a supervisor, who made things happen. I had the part the next day air. BIG SHOUT OUT to BAL/Accuslide for showing what "Customer Service" really means.

Parts installed, problem solved.