Need LED light strip

travlingman

The LED light strip under my main awning has lost its shine and I need to replace. It is about 18' long and fits in a channel. For those that have replaced one like this, where did you buy it at and were you able to just pull the old one out of the channel and put the new one in its place?

Pokiejoe

The LED light strip under my main awning has lost its shine and I need to replace. It is about 18' long and fits in a channel. For those that have replaced one like this, where did you buy it at and were you able to just pull the old one out of the channel and put the new one in its place?

We have a 2014 San Antonio with the same problem,need to get a new one but not sure where to get it at.

nfa1eab

I received one from Heartland under warranty. It is easy to remove from channel, but leaves behind old adhesive that takes some work to remove. The new roll will have the 3m adhesive and simply rolls into the channel. It must be cut between the dots. Also, mine had a small blade fuse where it passes into the wall at the arm. Check that first, it may be blown.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

travlingman

I am pretty sure mine is the strip itself. When you turn it on, it looks like little pin lights showing instead of illuminating.

Mark-Roberta 051995

This is great information. Our strip is popped out of the track in the last 6-8" over the door on our main awning. Since it is under warranty, a replacement (18' strip) was sent to the dealer. The lights are attached to a plastic strip which goes into the awning track. The dealer is telling me that they have to take the entire awning fabric out of the track and slide both in together / same time. Does this seem right? I saw the new ones sitting in my camper and the lights are secured into a 18' black plastic channel with a pigtail hanging off for a simple plug and play connection.

I asked them back in December if I could get blue ones vs. the bright white bug attracting ones. They quoted me $243. Fast forward to today and Dometic does not sell the blue ones anymore. I am guessing that I could purchase the ones mentioned on here after I receive my unit back and put my own blue lights on. If I do not have to take the awning off I could do this.

Thanks for any input on this.

Mark

Buster537

Just replaced my lights. Contact 'Boogey Light', 800 847-1359. They are out of Florence, KY. Met them at the Tampa RV show, very helpful. I replaced ours with the ultra bright white but they have other solid colors as well. Because I got the black background on the lights they will not fit in the track so I put them just below it. Old light strip slid out of the track with no problem.

clayhud

Here is what I purchased. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pool-Outdo...-WARM-WHITE-/221488915018?hash=item3391c4a24a When I was getting ready to install, I found the wires had pulled out of mine on the rig. I was able to attach back and it has worked since, so I know have this waiting in the wings.

Hi Travlingman,

So the strip you bought from ebay was the correct width and fit in the existing channel? Very inexpensive solution compared to other lights I have been looking at!

All the best,

Mark-Roberta 051995

Just replaced my lights. Contact 'Boogey Light', 800 847-1359. They are out of Florence, KY. Met them at the Tampa RV show, very helpful. I replaced ours with the ultra bright white but they have other solid colors as well. Because I got the black background on the lights they will not fit in the track so I put them just below it. Old light strip slid out of the track with no problem.

Thanks for the information - I will give them a call.

travlingman

Hi Travlingman,

So the strip you bought from ebay was the correct width and fit in the existing channel? Very inexpensive solution compared to other lights I have been looking at!

All the best,

I never did install them. When I went to install, I found the wires had pulled out of the strip on the rig. I put the wires back in and the OEM strip worked. From what I could tell it would fit in the channel. I will try and check this weekend and confirm it will fit. Rain suppose to stop Sunday and I will report back.

clayhud

I never did install them. When I went to install, I found the wires had pulled out of the strip on the rig. I put the wires back in and the OEM strip worked. From what I could tell it would fit in the channel. I will try and check this weekend and confirm it will fit. Rain suppose to stop Sunday and I will report back.

Okay, thanks for the update.