Need to remove couch in slide out

Rosaire

Hi there, I am new to this site but I have a to replace my slide out floor because of water damage. I need to remove the couch in it, how to I go about doing this? Does anyone have a diagram of how the couch is fastened to the floor?

Last edited:

david-steph2018

Our couch has 2 screws in the front and 2 screws in the back. It is easier taking the back off to be able to the screws there.
To get to the front 2 screws, I raised the footrest and was able to get the drill in there.

LBR

Most setee systems have a few screws holding them in from the factory, mainly for the travel to dealerships. Just remove the 4-6 screws.

Rosaire

Thank you everyone. From what I can see there would be 3 screws per side. I will check into this over the weekend and let you know how it went.

david-steph2018

Thank you everyone. From what I can see there would be 3 screws per side. I will check into this over the weekend and let you know how it went.
Forgot to mention, the screws on our rig are #2 square bit. I had to use an extension bit to reach the screws in the back of the couch.

Rosaire

Update. I was able to remove the couch by removing 3 long #2 phillips screws on each side. The back one was the hardest to remove but I was able to remove it with a long neck screwdriver. Once the couch was removed, I was able to detach the floor from the slide system by removing 4 screws from underneath the front section of the floor and 4 in the back which you have access to from underneath the slide floor on the outside of the RV. I also needed to remove the inside wall cover of the small storage unit because the framing of this unit has 3 or 4 screws that need to be removed in order to release it from the slide floor. I made another floor and still need to install it, and then reinstall everything together and caulk everything on the outside. Will let you all know how everything works out. Again, thank you everyone for the help, much appreciated.