New 2013 Landmark Key Largo

Does anyone have experience with the theater seating in the new Key Largos? We have the recliners and find they do not stay "reclined" and rather start a gradual but very annoying creep forward. This applies to both a small and a large person being seated in them. We are wondering about asking the factory to replace with theater seating. Do those seats recline and STAY reclined? Although this seems trivial, it is a constant nuisance and the largest issue with our beautiful unit. If the same issue exists with the theater seating or if they don't recline at all, guess we just have to live with it.

rjr6150

Love ours had the recliners in our 3400RL and ordered the theater seating in this rig wouldn't go back. Excellent napping!!! and yes they do stay reclined.

travlingman

Love ours had the recliners in our 3400RL and ordered the theater seating in this rig wouldn't go back. Excellent napping!!! and yes they do stay reclined.

Do the theater seats lay back like the recliners, or does the back just slightly recline?

rjr6150

Do the theater seats lay back like the recliners, or does the back just slightly recline?

Our unit is in storage at the moment but as I recall they do lay back maybe not quite as far as a recliner. Still great for napping and relaxing.

Our unit is in storage at the moment but as I recall they do lay back maybe not quite as far as a recliner. Still great for napping and relaxing.
Thank you all and fyi, I already heard from the factory because of my post. Amazing. At this point, they just asked for VIN but at least it is encouraging that perhaps they will switch our disfunctional recliners, particularly because we were the people upset about the mid-year surprise changes. Again, fyi, we took our maiden voyage 1,200 miles to Mexico, have lived in the unit for two full months and NO PROBLEMS, knock on wood. Almost unhead of in the RV world. Hats off to Heartland.

Thank you all and fyi, I already heard from the factory because of my post. Amazing. At this point, they just asked for VIN but at least it is encouraging that perhaps they will switch our disfunctional recliners, particularly because we were the people upset about the mid-year surprise changes. Again, fyi, we took our maiden voyage 1,200 miles to Mexico, have lived in the unit for two full months and NO PROBLEMS, knock on wood. Almost unhead of in the RV world. Hats off to Heartland.
Just to give an update. The person from, I assume the factory, asked for our VIN # to investigate our issue. To date, no response. Jim, the Director of Client Services, asked for the name when I complained on another blog about 8 days ago. No response. Contacted our dealer, responded that they were working on it but 5 weeks later, no response to the issue despite a repeated request. So obviously, my above message was posted too soon. Have seen many complaints about the so-called recliners. Many people have had to purchase replacements. We are so disappointed. One post told us to move our lower backs up higher in the recliner. Well, that does work IF you do not make the slightest move. If you do, the creep forward begins again. Heartland has apparently known of this problem for a long period of time yet continues to furnish the Key Largo, and I assume other models, with the same dysfunctional chair. One poster contacted the furniture company, Flair, who said that is just the way they are made. Others have tried to tighten tension to no avail. Are we being trivial or justified in expecting more in a high end 5th wheel? I think everyone involved just hopes we will give up, got away and spend $1,000 on good chairs. Oh, my aching back!

wolfrat1

We have normally bought rv's from the stock dealers. When having one built, can specific furniture be ordered? Is there a site at Heartland that a person can see the furniture? I would like to see what Heartland has to offer. We're not a big fan of the air mattresses. Had three different ones and they all eventually leaked.

Last edited: