New Bighorn

DickO

4th day in our new BH 3160. All moved over from our 2010 3055 BH. All good so far. Getting satellite installed tomorrow.

rono

Just got home from our trip of picking up our new 3160. We picked it up in Dexter MO and spent a few days moving in and doing a live in PDI. Then we trekked down to Memphis TN so I could visit my best friend. Spent a couple days there then we trekked over to Little Rock AR where we spent a couple days. Headed home this morning and finally got home. When we got home the wife went to unload some things from the closet and all of our clothes were on the floor. The center support for the closet rod had come loose from the ceiling. Has anyone had the issue? If so how did you fix it. I'm not sure if I can screw that piece back up to the ceiling. It was originally held up there with brads but I'm not sure of the structure above the ceiling board. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm calling the dealer and the factory in the morning. The dealer we bought from is in Dexter MO and we live in Rose Hill KS. Closest dealer is 3 hrs away that's why we bought our in Dexter.

Garypowell

This might be a do it yourself project. My rigs bar is hooked into the sidewall of closet. You might need to go that direction.

You could probably fix it for less than the $75 trip charge for an independent repair guy and you could build a whole new closet for what it will cost to take rig to a dealer and leave it for a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

rono

Ok fixed the clothes rack. Cut off braids on center board and then was able to install 3 screws through board into ceiling. Not sure why Heartland installed braids in mine. Our friends camper which is identical to ours and was built the same week as ours had screws in it. Heartland please use same best practices on each trailer. When I worked at a airplane plant we developed processes that were repeatable that way each widget on an airplane got installed the same.