New Carpet

hut

We are looking at re-carpeting our 38.5 ft. Big Country. We’ve chosen a pretty decent carpet and just got the estimate for the job. It came in at a little under $1,500. I was curious if this is in line with other jobs you’ve had done.

Graci!

danemayer

Less than ours cost 4 years ago. I wonder if they understood the installation difficulty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya I think we payed something like $4300 for the entire job all of the carpet front to rear on a 40' Landmark. They did a awesome job.. We absolutely love it.

hut

Ah! I should have mentioned I am doing all the pulling of old carpet and emptying out the unit before they arrive. But, yes, they do RV's from time to time and came out to measure themselves.

Thanks for the replies! It makes me comfortable with the price we've been given.

DH

Garypowell

I replaced my own 2 years ago with a really high quality remnant and new better pad. Took like 3 hours a day for a week while Linda was gone.

if you are careful when you cut/pull the old out you have an exact template for cutting the new.

I worked out a deal with the supplier that they would lay the new carpet out in the warehouse when I needed it. Laid the old piece on top and marked then cut the piece. Threw the old piece away, rolled up the new piece to take to the rig....and put what was left back in their storage till the next trip.

of course this is me talking.....but it looks like factory installed it.

hut

That’s exactly what I did with our last trailer and it turned out very well. But that was 10 years ago before these 60’s had me in their grip! 🤪🤪 I will remove it all myself this time, but I think I’ll hire the youngsters to lay it.

Flick

I replaced my own 2 years ago with a really high quality remnant and new better pad. Took like 3 hours a day for a week while Linda was gone.

if you are careful when you cut/pull the old out you have an exact template for cutting the new.

I worked out a deal with the supplier that they would lay the new carpet out in the warehouse when I needed it. Laid the old piece on top and marked then cut the piece. Threw the old piece away, rolled up the new piece to take to the rig....and put what was left back in their storage till the next trip.

of course this is me talking.....but it looks like factory installed it.

Question? Does all rv carpet have a pad under it? In our Cyclone, ours feels like it glued straight to the floor.

hut

Question? Does all rv carpet have a pad under it? In our Cyclone, ours feels like it glued straight to the floor.
Parts do and parts don’t. On our slides there is none. There is in the living area and bedroom.