Removed by OP

wdk450

I have seen signs in NAPA auto parts stores saying that they fabricate custom hydraulic hoses.

carl.swoyer

Just received 2 Hydraulic hose assemblies I custom ordered from Lippert. I paid to have the ends crimped on and tested.

One end was not crimped at all, hose slipped right out. The others had a questionable 3 sided crimp that looked weak.

I'm sending back for refund. Going to try Stuart Hose in Fort worth will let you know...

OK, Just got back from Stuart Hose in Fort Worth at 701 Riverside Dr. It took them about 15 minutes to make these while I waited. They custom made me (2) 17' hose assemblies using Gates Megacrimp JIC Female 1/4" connectors. These hoses are Gates 4PB 3000 "Black Gold"
3000 PSI hose. These are commercial grade hoses. These will outlast the RV.

In the pictures below, the orange hose is my thermoplastic hose leaking at the crimps. This type hose is used in all Heartlands with Level up jacks and probably slide outs as well. The orange hose is the extend hose for the Level-ups and the black hose is the retract hose. In the industry the orange color is used for a "non-conductive" hose and has no use in RV's other than identifying an extend from a retract hose. These plastic hoses are Chinese made as well as the connectors and who knows what types of crimping technology and specifications local parts houses (or Lippert) use. Here is a Youtube of a Gates Megacrimp process that will give you confidence in the crimp.

I expect excellent results from these US made hoses and fittings in my 2018 Big Country.
There's a place in Hudson Florida called Hose Makers Plus. They do the same thing. I had them repair an ac line for a Ford for less than 50.00 the dealer wanted 300. I plan to remove my hydraulic lines and have them made.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk