New Cyclone 4008 Batteries Die After A Couple Of Days

JfChoti

I have a brand new 2025 Cyclone 4008. If I park my unit, turn the Battery disconnects off the batteries are dead after a day. The unit has solar panels as well. What am I doing wrong. I don’t want to keep jumping my unit.

david-steph2018

I have a brand new 2025 Cyclone 4008. If I park my unit, turn the Battery disconnects off the batteries are dead after a day. The unit has solar panels as well. What am I doing wrong. I don’t want to keep jumping my unit.
Even with the battery disconnect turned off, there still are some parasite drains from items. Several items are on being connected to the battery. These can be:
CO detector
12vdc radio display is on
emergency brake break-away switch (make sure this isn't activated)
possible tire pressure monitor booster
possible rear-view camera
Even this doesn't seem like much, combined over the 3 days, without any power to the battery, the battery will drain power.

The way to stop this drain is to charge the battery then disconnect the negative cable.

JfChoti

Thank you David! I think it is even a bigger issue than that. After toeing the rig for 8.5 hrs the other day when I reached the site the battery was already dead. I had to connect to the 50 AMP source to even drop the legs. It really feels like I am missing something very obvious. Again here is where I am at --
  • New 2025 Cyclone 4008 purchased on 9-4
  • New single battery in a sealed storage container
  • Turned the Battery disconnect off in Battery compartment (lights went out)
  • Turned the Battery disconnect off in service door compartment as well
  • The unit has solar
  • I went back into the rig and there is nothing on after the Disconnects were turned off

Am I missing something? Do I need more than a single battery? Do I need Lithium Batteries?

I am confident that jumping the unit from another vehicle and turning on the generator is not the answer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Of you towed for 8.5 hours and the battery was dead then your tow vehicle may not be charging the battery. If you have a GM vehicle you may have to add a30 Amp fuse in the fuse box. Some vehicles come without that fuse. Might not be a bad idea to check the fuse even if installed. Are you getting power to the plug at the rear?
Have you verified that your converter is working? Providing 13+ volts when plugged in to shore power? Checked fuses protecting the solar? Checked for a tiny reset button on one of your 12 volt breakers? Look at, or feel for a tiny reset button on one of the breakers on the breaker buss bank covered by a red plastic boot.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a Ford but I suspect there is a fuse to protect the 30 Amp power circuit separate from the tail lights.
Have you checked for power at the plug?
Ford guys help?

Peace
Dave

Last edited: