New feature! Use your phone or browser to provide your location!

linuxkidd

Hello All,
The Heartland Owners Position product now supports using your web browser's 'Location Services' to pin-point your location on the map. Any modern smart-phone supports this as well, so you can easily check-in to your new location. Also most modern web browsers support this feature. The latest versions of Google's Chrome, Mozilla's Firefox, Microsoft's Internet Explorer and Apple's Safari all support this to varying degrees.

To use this:
Click 'Tools' in the Top Menu
Click on 'HOP - Heartland Owners Position'
Click on 'Add / Edit Your entry' from the HOP page.

At the top of the 'Add / Edit Your entry' page, you'll see to the right of the 'Current Zoom Level' a button labeled 'Locate Me'.

Click the 'Locate Me' button
Your browser / phone will ask if you want to share your position, You'll need to agree to share for this to work
Once complete, the map will zoom into the location provided by your web browser or phone.
Update any Location details / Marker text at the top of the page, and click 'Update Your Entry' at the bottom of the page.

Please let us know what you think of this new feature, and anything we can do to make the experience better.

Thanks,
LK

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well it seems to work pretty good. On the Droid, it was off by a few sites but it's still more convenient. Thanks LK. As usual, you rock!!!

Last edited:

danemayer

Michael, this is a great idea, but it would work way better if there were a mobile-friendly version of the page that could be accessed via a bookmark.

You could make it text only with a button to see the map after you update your location.

jbeletti

Michael, this is a great idea, but it would work way better if there were a mobile-friendly version of the page that could be accessed via a bookmark.

You could make it text only with a button to see the map after you update your location.

Coming :). But can't put a timeline on it.

porthole

Retired
If not a mobile specific app, what would it take for the page to show with the new "reader" button on OS 5?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Holy Cow! I am so out of touch! What did Duane just say????

Maybe it's time to upgrade from my "stupid phone"!!! :confused: