New Ford announcements

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Re: New Ford announcements September 2013

And the new cost of all these improvements is ???????. Dear Santa, Oh wrong forum sorry.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired

Dam, always a day late and a dollar short. Now I am a year to new, oh well. Dear Santa, oops I did it again.

priorguy

Uh-oh, my trucks a 2011 and not diesel or HD. Wasn't in the plans until 2021 (10 years of use). At least I could pull a big 5er with a new F-450. Dear Easter Bunny, Santa, Tooth Fairy, and whoever else can make the dream come true LOL.

brianharrison

Darn, back to the 19.5 tires. I do like the shortened exhaust runners.

Brian

Eddhuy

As long as they can keep the cost to us reasonable, oh wait, that went out the door years ago.

porthole

Retired

Just found this tidbit about the 2015 6.7L

Thankfully we were told by David Ives, Power Stroke technical leader, that Ford has done some serious work on the Super Duty’s transmission grade braking capability and even added a dedicated exhaust brake switch near the trailer brake controller.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Just found this tidbit about the 2015 6.7L

Thankfully we were told by David Ives, Power Stroke technical leader, that Ford has done some serious work on the Super Duty’s transmission grade braking capability and even added a dedicated exhaust brake switch near the trailer brake controller.

Sounds like Ford is listening to its customers to me. A wonderful addition if it happens.

porthole

Retired

The first quote I found had me wondering if it was real, here is an additional comment I just found.

The engine will remain the same size, meaning Ford has not touched the bore or stroke of the engine, but in just about every other way, engineers have improved it. To begin with, they’ve pulled the twin-compressor turbocharger in favor of a larger single unit that will have a larger turbine.

The turbo is a key upgrade for the 2015 model because it allows Ford engineers to create a much-improved exhaust brake setup that will now offer an activation switch on the dash — something that was missing on previous versions.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/09/fords-2015-power-stroke-gets-huge-upgrades.html

Attachments

• 2015_F-450_announcements.pdf
    30.6 KB · Views: 21