New Forum Platform - Xenforo, Report your bugs and feedback here

jbeletti

Hello Heartland Owners Forum users,

So we're on a new to us forum platform now, called Xenforo. Please let us know:
- How you like it
- What you miss from the last forum (vBulletin)
- What is broken / not working (bug report)

Bogie

[FIXED] I think this might be a bug.

When you hover your cursor over a thread, you get a thumbnail of what the OP wrote (same as vBulletin). On posts that are marked as "Event" the thumbnail feature replaces the whole window with a map of the event location and doesn't go away unless you refresh the page.

I use a mac book in case that's a factor.

Also, don't see ability to PM someone. Hope that's coming the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

I think this might be a bug.

When you hover your cursor over a thread, you get a thumbnail of what the OP wrote (same as vBulletin). On posts that are marked as "Event" the thumbnail feature replaces the whole window with a map of the event location and doesn't go away unless you refresh the page.

We fixed this, just a bit ago. Refresh (CTRL-SHIFT-R) your browser and try to access the rally thread again - both by hover and by clicking. Mine is working now. The iframing we're using for the Google map was the culprit.

zackw

Webmaster

If you click on someone's name, you should get a popup. In the popup is a "start conversation" button.
You can also click the "email" icon in the top right menu next to the search box, and click "Start a conversation" and then find the user by name from there.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I noticed this morning that when I replied to post, it shows up on my "new posts" list.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Question - has the calendar tab been updated yet? I don't see any events listed, only see a blank calendar. Also will there be an "event tab"?

In another post Jim, you stated how to find event's but there is no drop-down arrow to pull up the listing of events.

Bogie

We fixed this, just a bit ago. Refresh (CTRL-SHIFT-R) your browser and try to access the rally thread again - both by hover and by clicking. Mine is working now. The iframing we're using for the Google map was the culprit.
Tried this again. Hovering still overtaking the window with the map. Need to page refresh to get back. Using Firefox browser version 88.0.1 (64-bit). Clicking gets me to the rally thread, but have to be quick or hover takes over.

If you click on someone's name, you should get a popup. In the popup is a "start conversation" button.
You can also click the "email" icon in the top right menu next to the search box, and click "Start a conversation" and then find the user by name from there.
Thanks. I didn't realize that was PM. Just semantics.

porthole

Retired

Same here, get a map that I don't want. If I refresh I goes back a page.

Example - looking at page 3 of new posts, click next to page 4, start scrolling and I get the jump to a map. If I hit refresh it goes back to page 3 not page 4.

And I realize our opinion is of limited value, but one of the things I liked most of the HL forum was the format, old format..

jmarnell

I noticed that photos in signature blocks did not move over to the new system. I went in to edit my signature block to add a photo again, but it only gave me an option to upload the photo from a website. There was no option to upload from the computer/laptop. The profile picture option worked great, either from a website or from computer, so this seems limited to photos in the signature block.

jbeletti

Question - has the calendar tab been updated yet? I don't see any events listed, only see a blank calendar. Also will there be an "event tab"?

In another post Jim, you stated how to find event's but there is no drop-down arrow to pull up the listing of events.
Byrd - no, I haven’t added all the already posted events to the calendar. Will try to add all those tonight.
As for an events list, it’s not a feature of. Encore and was customer coded in vBulletin. Unsure how this one will shake out but I want an way to find list of them in addition to using the calendar.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Byrd - no, I haven’t added all the already posted events to the calendar. Will try to add all those tonight.
As for an events list, it’s not a feature of. Encore and was customer coded in vBulletin. Unsure how this one will shake out but I want an way to find list of them in addition to using the calendar.
Thanks

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
If you click on a Forum topic eg. System Announcements, a list shows of all threads posted under that topic.

With the exception of topic that are "sticky", these threads appear to display in reverse order of the original posting date. Maybe it's this particular topic, but this results in a new Mod from 2018 thread showing up before a new reply Jim made this week to an older thread.

Is there an option for the threads to be listed uner a topic in date order based on most recent posting to the thread, whether it be the original post OR a reply? If so, could that be considered?

jbeletti

If you click on a Forum topic eg. System Announcements, a list shows of all threads posted under that topic.

With the exception of topic that are "sticky", these threads appear to display in reverse order of the original posting date. Maybe it's this particular topic, but this results in a new Mod from 2018 thread showing up before a new reply Jim made this week to an older thread.

Is there an option for the threads to be listed uner a topic in date order based on most recent posting to the thread, whether it be the original post OR a reply? If so, could that be considered?
At this time, we have found no feature in Xenforo or with any add-on that will allow a user to determine the sort order of posts :(

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you click on the thread topic you get the original post (oldest), if you click on the date or time located on the right you get the latest (newest), post.

Peace
Dave

Last edited: