New Landmark and new to site!

jrzygrl64

Hi everyone! I am Kelly and my husband is Bill. We live just outside of Reading, PA, for now at least. We recently purchased a "new to us" 2011 Ford F350 Super Duty Diesel Dual Rear Extended Cab truck to pull our brand new (haven't even brought it home yet!) 2014 Landmark with a Grand Canyon floorplan.

We have been in the process of planning a full-time RV lifestyle for a few months now, and now that those major purchases have been taken care of, we will be listing our house for sale in early spring, probably early March. We would love to out of here before summer, if at all possible!

We will have our dog, Cocoa, a 13 yr old black lab & Australlian Cattle Dog mix, and 2 cats, Raskal, an almost 16 year old tuxedo kitty, and Callie, a 4 yr old long haired torti along for the ride. Now that our human kids have grown up and moved away, this are our furbabies!

Bill and I have always loved to travel and we have a very long bucket list of places to visit! We hope to meet up with and get to know you guys along the way!

Guess that's all for now!

Kelly

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kelly and welcome to the forum It is the best.
It sounds like you have a great plan in place.
In you travels, be sure to check out the chapter rallies. You will meet a bunch of great people and have some fun. PA has a large chapter.

Peace
Dave

oldmannj

Hi Kelly and Bill, I'm Ed And I'm the N.J. chapter leader for the club. We're having an informal rally in Lancaster Pa. over the Easter weekend, as well as the N.J. rally in May in Cape May N.J. . Come on out and meet some great folks and have some fun. We always eat too much and laugh too hard!!! LOL. The rallies are listed in the forum portal section. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or contact me directly by PM. ED.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hello again Kelly! Welcome and yeah, what Ed said! No really think about April, May, June, July, August, September and October we got one that fits somewhere!

We will be at all of them and as I said before I am anxious to meet you guys now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome. Looks like you have the total package. Now get out there and enjoy it!!!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Hello Kelly, I've been following your posts on RV-Dreams and want to welcome you to our forum. As Ed said, you will have more fun and meet lifelong friends at one of our rallies.

Good luck and have fun with the new rig!

Flbirds

check your plumbing connections

We bought a new big country, find that no plumbing connections had been installed with plumbers Teflon tape, just bare, the reason for leaks. We also found that when we replaced the splitter with a$7 one from Wal-Mart for the cable the reception became perfect, just 2 items for you to consider before you start out. The folks at heartland agreed they should do this but don't due to costs. All is great now.

slborba

Re: check your plumbing connections

Welcome to the Heartland Family. Maria and I became family members a month ago when we purchased a 2007 Landmark Monticello. Enjoy this forum.
Steve

stevenssr

Welcome to the forum Kelly and Bill, and to Heartland! I hope to be doing what you are doing (full-timing it) someday. I'm sure you can't wait (like me).

jbeletti

Hi Kelly and Bill,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Heartland family. We all look forward to meeting you down the road, perhaps at a rally in your area on on your course of travel in year 1 of full-timing.

Consider taking ownership to the next level by joining the Heartland Owners Club.

jrzygrl64

Thank you everyone for all the warm welcomes! Bill and I are very appreciative! We hope to get to a rally once this weather warms up!

Jay - I have seen you on RV-Dreams! I am so addicted to that forum! Are you going to their rally? We are going and can't wait! We also hope to attend a rally with this group of fine people also!

I would like to ask how many of you have a Grand Canyon floor plan? Thats what we have and I am wondering if anyone would be willing to share any organizational ideas to make the cabinets and/or closets and/or basement area more usable.

Thanks again and looking forward to meeting up with you guys on the road!

Kelly

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Hi Kelly
Welcome to the club, we are about to kick off a new season of rallies especially in March first down in Brunswick,Ga and then Eustis,Fl, so think about joining us. It is guaranteed to be fun.
Walter and Linda West
Florida Chapter Leader

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Hi Kelly,
We've known Howard and Linda for several years and have attended their rallies in the past. Unfortunately we will miss their rally this year because we'll be at several Central Region chapter rallies.

We also have a Grand Canyon and would be glad to share our information. Please contact me at jcoffman1@gmail.com