New (Maybe) Heating Problem

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I've got a heating problem that has me snowed. Several days ago, I turned the furnace on in our Landmark 365 in order to start packing it. Ran fine for a couple of days, even doing the automatic switching when one of my tanks ran out. When I turned the the draw lever to the full tank so I could have the empty one refilled is when the problems started. Not sure when it happened, but the furnace shut off and did not restart. In the morning the temp inside was down to 32 even though the thermostat was set at 65. Turned the thermostat off, waited a few seconds then turned it back on. Furnace kicked in and ran fine. It would run for an hour or so, then shut off and not restart without shutting it off and then turning it back on. Temps inside the camper never got back up to the 65 degree setting. Still doing this. Does the same thing whether I have the thermostat on Furnace or on Auto. It will run for 30 or 40 minutes then shut off. Once I reset the thermostat, it restarts and runs fine heating up the camper for 30 or 40 minutes, then shuts down. Never does get the camper up to temp that I would think it should auto shut off. Any ideas??

carl.swoyer

Not sure on this one but maybe an obstruction in the furnace exhaust ( nesting). Try keeping the electric fireplace going. Mine has a built in thermostat.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

danemayer

The safety lockout is from a shutdown followed by 3 failed ignition attempts. Sounds like poor propane flow. If the problem is related to the changeover of propane tanks, try 2 things: First, close the valve on the propane tank being used and reopen verrrrry slowly. If still failing, move that tank to the other side and turn the selector back to that side. If the problem goes away, you may have a flow problem on the dual regulator or on the pigtail.

klindgren

The safety lockout is from a shutdown followed by 3 failed ignition attempts. Sounds like poor propane flow. If the problem is related to the changeover of propane tanks, try 2 things: First, close the valve on the propane tank being used and reopen verrrrry slowly. If still failing, move that tank to the other side and turn the selector back to that side. If the problem goes away, you may have a flow problem on the dual regulator or on the pigtail.
Thanks Dan. I'll do as you suggest and let you know the results.

carl.swoyer

Dane mentioned propane flow? Is your stove top working normal? ( Unless you have a convection cooktop)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

klindgren

I think it may be the regulator. Yesterday, every thing was working as it should, so I didn't touch a thing. During the night, the one tank ran out and I flipped the switch over to the full tank. Got up this morning and it was 42 inside the camper. Turned the thermostat off and then back on and the furnace kicked in and started working. Haven't checked it in the last hour, but will do so shortly. If it's still heating, then to me, the problem has got to lie in the regulator/tank switchover gizmo.

CDN

B and B
Is the tank that is not working on the high pressure regulator? Opposite side from the switch over regulator?