New Owner of a Cyclone 4000 HD

Hello everyone. New owner here of a 2013 Cyclone 4000 HD. This is an early 2013 HD, as it has the HD logo on the cap and the copper graphics but does not have the vessel sink or the gray sides. It does have the seat between the closets in the bedroom. Heartland is sending my dealer a kit to replace the seat with a full closet. I also had them install keyless entry on both doors and a convection microwave. So far just a few issues that the dealer had to fix before we left town and a few moore that are going to be fixed when we go back for the retro fit for the closet. Glad to be on board and have already picked up some good ideas from you folks. The tow vehicle is a 2008 f-350 King Ranch Dually that just turned over 11,000 mi. Look forward to talking to all of you. Powerstroke

danemayer

Hi Powerstroke,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. There's a great group of people here who are quick to reach out with help when needed.

Mizmary

Congratulations!!!

Good call on replacing the seat. I am not sure why they thought that would be attractive.

You will love it!!!

Thanks. Yes the seat is useless. They are also installing our w/d combo from our Designer into this unit so we will need all the closet space we can get.

Mizmary

I think you got a good deal. I didn't like the vessel sinks with the hd package either. They are hard to keep looking clean.

So, you will really love it. We have the 4100 and full time in it with two kids and have plenty of room.

haulinem

Hello everyone. New owner here of a 2013 Cyclone 4000 HD. This is an early 2013 HD, as it has the HD logo on the cap and the copper graphics but does not have the vessel sink or the gray sides. It does have the seat between the closets in the bedroom. Heartland is sending my dealer a kit to replace the seat with a full closet. I also had them install keyless entry on both doors and a convection microwave. So far just a few issues that the dealer had to fix before we left town and a few moore that are going to be fixed when we go back for the retro fit for the closet. Glad to be on board and have already picked up some good ideas from you folks. The tow vehicle is a 2008 f-350 King Ranch Dually that just turned over 11,000 mi. Look forward to talking to all of you. Powerstroke

Just got off the phone with Heartland Parts Department and she asked me to post that there is not a "kit" to replace the seat in the front of these units (I have a 2013 4100) with a full closet. She (Michelle) stated the parts needed for this modification costs $3,000 and that does not include the labor for the local dealer. Guess my wife will have to be more selective with what she packs.:)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a pretty good dealership who is willing to work with you. That's a plus. Enjoy and travel safely.

scottyb

Another warm welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Cyclone

Different strokes, I guess that's why they sell so many different models. I personally like the front seat with the his and hers closets. I would never put a w/d in the front closet to start with. That's for people w/o garages. If/when I decide I need a w/d, I will put it in the never used 1/2 bath in the garage where it will have it's own holding tank, and not utilize the precious space in the "way too small" front gray tank. But then again, I am off the grid more than I am hooked up.

There is not an official retro kit for the closet. All the pieces had to be ordered as eaches and are being shipped to my dealer as a "closet kit". They are doing the retro at no charge to me. The sales guys were told by Heartland that a kit was available but when the dealer inquired about it thats when the new info surfaced. I hope that cleares up the confusion.

oscar

Just got off the phone with Heartland Parts Department and she asked me to post that there is not a "kit" to replace the seat in the front of these units (I have a 2013 4100) with a full closet. She (Michelle) stated the parts needed for this modification costs $3,000 and that does not include the labor for the local dealer. Guess my wife will have to be more selective with what she packs.:)

A halfway decent finish carpenter can do wonders with a few hundred dollars of Home Depot stuff.

remoandiris

Agree on the wasted space the bench takes. You could trade it in on a 2014 4000! :) I didn't care for the vessel sink so declined the HD pkg. Glad I did. I am happy with my 2014.

Mizmary

Another warm welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Cyclone

Different strokes, I guess that's why they sell so many different models. I personally like the front seat with the his and hers closets. I would never put a w/d in the front closet to start with. That's for people w/o garages. If/when I decide I need a w/d, I will put it in the never used 1/2 bath in the garage where it will have it's own holding tank, and not utilize the precious space in the "way too small" front gray tank. But then again, I am off the grid more than I am hooked up.

We use our 1/2 bath. Or rather the tiny humans do. And I refuse to put a w/d in because it will raise the hitch weight. And it would mean I would have to wash clothes myself rather than using the lovely fluff and fold service. ;-) even still we are using every square inch of that full front closet space.

haulinem

A halfway decent finish carpenter can do wonders with a few hundred dollars of Home Depot stuff.

That is my intention Oscar and I already have the measurements. Our rig is currently at the factory for repairs of structural issues which caused excessive flexing and resulted in damage to the closets. I had asked them to check into replacing the bench seat with a full closet since they had to make repairs to the closet anyway. Was told the "engineers" said it couldn't be done because of changes from the 2013 to 2014. Then I saw the OP indicate a conversion kit was available so I called Heartland parts to check on it.

Terry