New owner of a used Cyclone

Thought I would introduce myself. I am in Alberta, Canada and I just picked up a 2013 Cyclone 3010. This is my first RV and experience with a 5th wheel. Not that I am a stranger to towing a trailer, but man is this thing big. I am looking forward to learning all about it. I will be doing some searching on this forum to figure out some tip and tricks. There seems to be so much information available. First on the list is airbags for the truck and then a good wax and polish for the trailer.

Attachments

• tempImageSuASIm.png
    tempImageSuASIm.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 17
Amazon or direct from mfr. Is your truck ok w/ weight of the CY? Hate to see you spend $$$ if truck is underrated.
Yes, the truck is rated to tow 18500lbs with a pin weight of 2775lbs. According to the specs, the 3010 has a GVWR of 14000lbs with a dry pin weight of 2300lbs. It pulls it great, but I'm thinking the air bags will level the truck and hopefully take out some of the bounce on rougher roads. Thanks for the amazon recommendation.

Forgot to mention it has the original Tow Max tires that are now 10 years old. Those will be getting replaced. And a new mattress. Im so glad this unit has a standard queen bed.

david-steph2018

Wash & Wax All is based out of San Antonio, Texas.

david-steph2018

Forgot to mention it has the original Tow Max tires that are now 10 years old. Those will be getting replaced. And a new mattress. Im so glad this unit has a standard queen bed.
We replaced our tires on February 1st in Tolleson, Az. I stayed with the Sailuns but went to the 235/85/16 instead of staying with the 235/80/16.
Our mattress we purchased one from Denver Mattress Company last May in Colorado Springs, Col.

RickL

Yes, the truck is rated to tow 18500lbs with a pin weight of 2775lbs. According to the specs, the 3010 has a GVWR of 14000lbs with a dry pin weight of 2300lbs. It pulls it great, but I'm thinking the air bags will level the truck and hopefully take out some of the bounce on rougher roads. Thanks for the amazon recommendation.
Don’t go on published specs. You MUST weigh the unit and truck to find the ACTUAL numbers. Make sure when you weigh the trailer and truck are loaded as you would normally travel.

We replaced our tires on February 1st in Tolleson, Az. I stayed with the Sailuns but went to the 235/85/16 instead of staying with the 235/80/16.
Our mattress we purchased one from Denver Mattress Company last May in Colorado Springs, Col.
I am looking at the Sailuns too. Did you have to upgrade your rims with the Sailuns or were the stock ones fine?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to crawl under your rig and look at the backside of the wheel spokes. Molded into a spoke you will want to find one that says max load 3750 as well as 110 psi.
If you find those numbers you should be good to go.

Peace
Dave

You will need to crawl under your rig and look at the backside of the wheel spokes. Molded into a spoke you will want to find one that says max load 3750 as well as 110 psi.
If you find those numbers you should be good to go.

Peace
Dave
Just checked. 3750lbs and 110psi. Looks like I’m good to go for the Sailuns. Thank you.

david-steph2018

Just checked. 3750lbs and 110psi. Looks like I’m good to go for the Sailuns. Thank you.
Our rims are probably the same as your set. You can use the Sailuns, they served us well, it was just the tires had reached the age for them. Plus, we are heading up to Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier, then across the northern part of the US. I did not want to be searching for tires while on the trip.

wdk450

It has been my experience the Les Schwab tire stores STOCK the 235/80/16 tires our big Fivers use. They pretty much cover the Northwest United States with stores.

Last edited:

NormB

If your rig has the original Blow Max tires you need to get rid of them yesterday..

Peace
Dave
No kidding. I am at a loss as to why any dealer would sell these rigs with these sub-standard tires., and not let you know they are less than bad. Over the course of 2 summers, I had destroyed the fender skirts on both sides. I bit the bullet and replaced them with diamond plate custom made. I have driven big rigs for a career and know how to pull trailers. I always checked the pressures, temperatures and wear whenever I stopped for the day. I had 2 blow-outs and 4 tires had the tread peel off in a doughnut. Not gone flat. Never travelled over 50-60 mph. Only other repairs I had was to pretty well replace the whole sidewall on the drivers' side because of delamination (bubbling) which is the outer shell glue letting go. No one ever told me to check and reseal ALL seams (roof seal, rain gutter seals, roof vents seals, skirting seals, windows and door seals, and EVERY seal when you get to your destination and when you get home. Warranty never covered this problem and it made my wallet lighter by $7000. I was not a happy camper. I have since checked my 4100 Cyclone King HD toy-hauler every month that it sits beside my house and guess what.....delamination again, but only in a couple spots, and the trailer has not left the yard. I had a full cover for 1 winter and the company I bought it from said I didn't have it secured correctly. I had 6 ratchet cargo straps holding it down and checked every week. Then a seam on the side let go and it was shredded down one whole side during a blizzard. We no longer want this rig and will be putting it on Kijiji, along with our tow vehicle (2015 Ford F450 dually with only just under 51,000 kilometres ( 31,689.9 miles). We loved the travel and the people we met and the few places we travelled to and from, but the cost was too prohibitive. If anyone is looking for a good package deal, the trailer is valued at $50,000(US) and the F450 valued over $65,000(US) but we will let it go for $100,000 CDN. As is, where is. Eastern Ontario, Canada.

Last edited:
Blow Max tires are gone. I went with the Sailun 637. Got a bit of a deal because the guy damaged 2 of my rims. They are still functional. The Sailuns look pretty decent, at least I should have peace of mind now. I also had the tire pressure sensors that came with with truck installed. That feature is pretty cool. Now I can monitor the trailer tire pressures and temps from the truck while driving. I installed air bags in truck, and they make a huge difference to how the truck handles the trailer.

I had an issue with the converter not putting out 12v. I found the reverse polarity fuses blown. Replaced them and it works perfect now. I am guessing the previous owner may have connected the battery backwards.

So far I'm really liking this TH. I am looking forward to doing some camping now. If the weather ever warms up.