New Pinbox

jdfishing

I recently replaced the standard pin box on my Bighorn with the Air Ride Tri Glide. Now I'm left with an unsightly hole in the fiberglass where the pin box attaches to the frame, since the ABS cover no longer fits over the pin box. Does anyone make a plastic flange to cover the edges of the fiberglass around the installation hole?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Strange you have a hole now. Is it where the frame goes into the front overhang? I did not think that the trim needed to be removed to replace a pinbox. Mine did not, but I installed a Mor/Ryde.

Speedy

Either call Heartland for the part or put it on your 2014 fixit list for the national rally. When the techs worked on my front cap they noticed I did not have the trim piece from a recent MorRyde install and installed the trim piece. No charge. Way to go Heartland... Again!

rnewk52

I went to Home Depot and purchased a home garage door weather strip to fill in the gap when I installed my Mor-Ryde. The weather strip is a white vinyl "board" about 1/2" thick by @2" wide with a 1" wide rubber strip attached to it. I mitered the corners, used self tapping screws to install, took about 1 hour to complete. No more gap. Just a suggestion, worked for me.

Speedy

I don't think this is an option, JimB mentioned that service at the non-home rally locations was too expensive.

Here is a photo of the trim piece I'm talking about. I don't think it would be any problem for the Heartland Techs to install at a rally if you decided to go that route. I would just call Heartland parts and do it myself.
2 sep 012.JPG