New Pioneer owner

jesnjim11

Hello!

We are new/used owners of a 2016 Heartland Pioneer RL250. we get it on Saturday, can't wait to move in. Any advice, or anything we should look our for when we get it home?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

HI jesnjim11,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. If you have any questions we have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I would make sure you operate everything, check out everything inside and out and get any repairs done prior to signing the paperwork for it. Without a warranty you would be responsible. Congratulations and go make some memories!!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Hello!

We are new/used owners of a 2016 Heartland Pioneer RL250. we get it on Saturday, can't wait to move in. Any advice, or anything we should look our for when we get it home?

Thank you!

Before taking possession I would do a very thorough walk through and PDI. Use something like these forms to insure everything works and pay close attention for signs of water damage.

View attachment RV Inspection Checklist.pdf

jerryjay11

I agree very hardly. Check everything, slide operation, entertainment system, all gas operated appliances, lights, and remote control for lights (awning).

A few things I found with our RL250:
LP line removed from Ref
Stereo speakers mis-wired
Wire type antenna not deployed
Front and rear entry doors not properly aligned (could see daylight from inside with doors closed)
Slide needed adjustment to close flush
Wall covering in bedroom closet was wrinkled and pulling from trim
TV cable connectors at both entertainment center and bedroom ceiling outlet were either loose or needed to be replaced
A wire cover above at front end of slide for the backlighting was being pulled out from closing the slide (just needed to be trimmed back some- dealer just couldn't handle it so I cut it back)

All have been address either by the dealer or myself with the splendid help from Heartland service/parts depts.

The wife and I love our RL250 now no bugs left.

jesnjim11

We didn't get any Kitchen sink plug/strainer?? the ones they had at camping world didn't work, which ones do you have in your Pioneer?

Bogie

I would make sure you operate everything, check out everything inside and out and get any repairs done prior to signing the paperwork for it. Without a warranty you would be responsible. Congratulations and go make some memories!!

I agree completely. Don't forget to check the roof and undercarriage as well. Take a ladder and creeper with you if necessary. Take a good working flashlight with you. Also, don't be pressured by the dealer hurry up and get everything inspected. Take all the time you need to be satisfied!

jerryjay11

We didn't get any Kitchen sink plug/strainer?? the ones they had at camping world didn't work, which ones do you have in your Pioneer?
Our RL250 came with the standard twist down and up strainer/plug. Your sink should have the same thing.

Mannyr1

I’m planning on camping 3-4 days per week this winter in middle Georgia. At what temperatures should the lines be blowout or winterized. Thanks!

david-steph2018

I’m planning on camping 3-4 days per week this winter in middle Georgia. At what temperatures should the lines be blowout or winterized. Thanks!
It is not only the temperature, but how long it remains cold. Plus, how warm does it get during the day. For example, 20 deg. for 4 hours, I would winterize the rig.

Dahillbilly

my rule of thumb is anything less than 27-28 for 4 plus hours overnight & less than 45-50 daytime high's blow it out. If it staying less than 26-28 for overnight & in the 30's for highs I then add RV anti-freeze. Good luck