New RV tire changover

tireman9

Wondering about the experiences folks have had when they purchase a new 5h wheel.

It would help my study if you could reply to these questions:

1. Did you ask/request the tires be changed?

2. If yes, did you change brand or size or both?

3. About how much were you charged?
4. If you asked, did any dealer you were shopping at refuse to do a changover?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kbvols

1. Did not ask for tires to be changed. RV came with Saliuns and I was perfectly satisfied with the brand.

Sorry not much help.

Aandaar

At the time HL was putting BlowMax on the Bighorn. Ordered mine from factory with the Goodyear’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

Every dealer I have delt with doesnt do tire swaps. They werent equipped for it. Now they could get it done, but it would out of your pocket for the swap. Back in the day, my last fifth wheel came with sub standard tires. I ended up installing goodyear G614's on the rig, after a couple of years, at a cost of $1500.00

My current fiver came with goodyear H rated tires already, so I am good for now.

esscobra

never seen a dealer that does that - unless its a camping world- for the price of the factory upgrade option to goodyears - you can buy 5 from discount tire with warranty and easily sell the sailuns to recoup a good portion of the money

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My first Bighorn (3055RL) came with unknown brand tires, but I changed them out for Michelin XPS ribs, and I transferred them to my second Bighorn (3370RL). They were still on it when I traded it in. I paid the dealer for both change-outs.

WBG

WBGavin
Wondering about the experiences folks have had when they purchase a new 5h wheel.

It would help my study if you could reply to these questions:

1. Did you ask/request the tires be changed?

2. If yes, did you change brand or size or both?

3. About how much were you charged?
4. If you asked, did any dealer you were shopping at refuse to do a changover?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

We did not ask for a change out because we did not know that Blow Max tires would be what we were getting. After two blowouts after only a few months we upgraded at our expense to Goodyear G614 and have had no problems for over two years.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My 2013 Heartland Trail Runner TT came with BlowMax tires on it...never had any problems with them, but swetted every mile after all the bad press on the net!

When upgrading the axles, I had to buy new wheels and tires and switched to Hi Run tires.

Traded the Trail Runner in one week after the axle upgrade and one campout for my current 2015 Heartland Prowler 5'ver, which had the same size and load range BlowMax tires as the new ones I had just put on the Trail Runner one week and 30 miles previously, so I had my dealership swap the HiRun's for the BlowMaxes.

They took one of them (I'm guessing the Trail Runner) to a tire shop to do the tire swap...as I recall they charged me $112!

Earlier this year I upgraded those 'D' tires to 'E' range Hercules ST tires.

WBG

WBGavin
My 2013 Heartland Trail Runner TT came with BlowMax tires on it...never had any problems with them, but swetted every mile after all the bad press on the net!

When upgrading the axles, I had to buy new wheels and tires and switched to Hi Run tires.

Traded the Trail Runner in one week after the axle upgrade and one campout for my current 2015 Heartland Prowler 5'ver, which had the same size and load range BlowMax tires as the new ones I had just put on the Trail Runner one week and 30 miles previously, so I had my dealership swap the HiRun's for the BlowMaxes.

They took one of them (I'm guessing the Trail Runner) to a tire shop to do the tire swap...as I recall they charged me $112!

Earlier this year I upgraded those 'D' tires to 'E' range Hercules ST tires.

You made a very good decision.

WBG

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
When we purchased our 2013 Bighorn in 2012, we had them pull off the Towmax tires and 16" rims and replaced them with H rated rims and Goodyear G114's.

Rod