New Sewer Hose Storage

FL-JOE

Nice job. That's the best way to carry sewer hoses.

Peace
Dave

Thanks. I did the same modification to my Montana fiver back in 2012 or so. The only thing I did different this time was used a velcro strap to secure the end caps.

Still have several modifications to get done prior to hitting the road for the season. Doing some simple add-on ramps next so my HD trike doesn't drag the pipes going in and out.

jbeletti

FL-JOE - I like your square tubes. They look better than the round ABS tube I used on my last 5th wheel. Thanks for sharing your project.

For those that want to use round tubes without making any brackets, here's a link to the end caps and brackets I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005G2RY6U/

And here's the pics of my round tube install:
2018 Heartland Landmark Newport - Storage Tube - Installed - 03.jpg 2018 Heartland Landmark Newport - Storage Tube - Installed - 02.jpg 2018 Heartland Landmark Newport - Storage Tube - Installed - 01.jpg

FL-JOE

FL-JOE - I like your square tubes. They look better than the round ABS tube I used on my last 5th wheel. Thanks for sharing your project.

For those that want to use round tubes without making any brackets, here's a link to the end caps and brackets I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005G2RY6U/

And here's the pics of my round tube install:
View attachment 65262 View attachment 65263 View attachment 65264

Looks pretty nice. I Found those on amazon in black for around $69 each. I was tempted to get them but preferred my method of mounting them over the method supplied with the manufactured ones. I had some soft 5"x5"x 1/4" thick rubber squares I glued on top of mine, then used heavy duty 24" wire ties to secure them. Total for the project was just under $70.00 for the two 8' tubes.

No matter how it is done it sure is nice storing all the stinky-slinky in tubes instead of somewhere else.

Gary521

Whatever happened to the D&W sewer tubes that Heartland used to put on the 5th Wheels? Do they still do it? I believe that you can still buy these things. I added a second one to mine.

jbeletti

Whatever happened to the D&W sewer tubes that Heartland used to put on the 5th Wheels? Do they still do it? I believe that you can still buy these things. I added a second one to mine.

I think they still put them on the 5th wheels. Though I never liked the end-cap/lids as they always seem to break off.

Gary521

I think they still put them on the 5th wheels. Though I never liked the end-cap/lids as they always seem to break off.
Yes, I agree that they are a bit fragile. I am mindful of this and try to take care when using.

Daley07

I purchased the Camco sewer hose because I think it's the easiest RV sewer hose to store. I want them to be easily accessible in a sealed container and this hose is so easy to work with and fits nicely into our storage container.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When we had our rig, the RhinoFlex hose was my choice. I had a 15 and 10 ft. section of it.
Sturdy and collapsible, it stayed in the shape you put it. Easily collapsed to fit in the storage compartment that used to be on the sides of the larger 5th wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk