New sewer hoses

KyleC

I will be purchasing new sewer hoses and fittings and want to know who's got what! I am not happy with the camco rhino line of connections that the previous owner had. So I'm starting over.

Sell me on what you use and how you like/dislike it!

(Sorry just saw fox posted this like a week ago and can't delete.. I need to use the search function more often. I just tend to put my questions our there without looking.... My apologies)

Kyle

Fox

As was stated in that thread ... if you're starting completely over and the ($150 - $200) price doesn't scare you then there are some sturdy options.

Five years ago I purchased a polychute sewer hose and its still going strong. Unfortunately the company went out of business and I didn't get the (seldom used) extension.

MTPockets

This topic probably boils down to personal preference, as we were always most satisfied with the blue push on adapters and blue hoses from Camping World. (Can’t recall brand name). I tried the rhino hoses and camco, but finally stayed with the blue hoses. Nearly five years full time and lots of traveling with frequent needs for different lengths this hose was, to me, the most user friendly and always durable.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I've been happy with the rhino so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Same here. I couldn't be happier with mine. Used it over 3 years now hundreds of times with no issues. I really like how you can make it different lengths.
I also have the 15' extension and 2 storage tubes mounted underneath right next to the waste tube.

I'm curious about why you don't like it.
d11f895dc9d26ab4440aca615b7075a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I also use Rhino Flex and have no issues or qualms with it at all. We have been using our current set for nearly 3 years without a single issue.

Rod

MTPockets

Jesstalkn, I started with the blue hose with push on adapters, then tried Rhino and didn’t like the stiffness and the 90 degree end piece. It’s just that for me the blue hose was to me, a bit easier to deal with overall. Personal preference I suppose.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I switched to the Rhino Flex earlier this year and love it (if you can love something like sewer hoses. that is... ;) ).

Had the Red Dominator hose system before and liked it (started developing pinhole leaks), but the Rhino is much better!

I like the way the Rhino scrunches up and holds it's shape.

KyleC

I like the length and as you called it John "scrunchiness" . My problem is the 90 also and the fact that Every time I use it I'm twisting and un twisting to the cleanout and thw 90 comes loose and then poop is flying all over the place! The connection points keep coming loose. The 90 especially. Plus with the 90 stuck to the end, I can't use the bumper storage space for the hose. How well do the simple fittings fit on the blue one? They look way easier than all the Twist ons.

My last camper had two of the valterra red hoses that fit in the bumper and a clear 90 with the different threads. Never a single problem. Now with new flex stuff, it's been a nightmare(ok maybe not that bad, but way worse than a Dream!)

Kyle

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I like the length and as you called it John "scrunchiness" . My problem is the 90 also and the fact that Every time I use it I'm twisting and un twisting to the cleanout and thw 90 comes loose and then poop is flying all over the place! The connection points keep coming loose. The 90 especially. Plus with the 90 stuck to the end, I can't use the bumper storage space for the hose. How well do the simple fittings fit on the blue one? They look way easier than all the Twist ons.

My last camper had two of the valterra red hoses that fit in the bumper and a clear 90 with the different threads. Never a single problem. Now with new flex stuff, it's been a nightmare(ok maybe not that bad, but way worse than a Dream!)

Kyle
You know the orange cone part comes off of the 90° right ??
lt will store in the bumper with that off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KyleC

I guess I'll have to mess with it one day when I'm not in a hurry. Last time the hose kept disconnecting from the 90. I had to thread it all back together with the 90 stuck in the sewer part. Maybe I'll watch some YouTube videos

Kyle

Daley07

I have owned four RV’s and probably five different sewer hose-sets. The best RV sewer hose that I used was the Camco RhinoFLEX 20-foot RV Sewer Hose Kit. I love that they extend and contract but hold that shape by popping into place instead of just stretching. I like the clear end so I can tell when the takes are rinsed thoroughly. They collapse down to a size small enough to fit into a small tote for storage.

Last edited:

wdk450

I will be purchasing new sewer hoses and fittings and want to know who's got what! I am not happy with the camco rhino line of connections that the previous owner had. So I'm starting over.

Sell me on what you use and how you like/dislike it!

(Sorry just saw fox posted this like a week ago and can't delete.. I need to use the search function more often. I just tend to put my questions our there without looking.... My apologies)

Kyle
Kyle:
Kudos to you for even thinking about a duplicate thread posting. It's a minor thing, but is nice that you think bout the rest of the forum readers out there.

About three years ago I was in a long term arrangement caring for an elderly relative living in my Bighorn at an RV park in central California. Well, the local health inspector came out for a visit and decreed that any rig there over 30 days had to have hard shell sewer piping. I found a system by a small firm in coastal Northern California (I think) that featured telescoping hard pipes and swivel end fittings. A websearch found my old forum thread, and this brand : https://www.ezekleensystem.com/

Having said this, the setup and stow away on this system caused me to go back to the Rhino line.

NYSUPstater

Forgive my ignorance here, but our coach is in storage and don't have access to it, but want to say that a year or 2 ago I got the Rhino hose ( brown with orange ends????). 2-15' and 1-20' I believe or maybe it was just 1-15' and 1-20' (Dang CRS !!!). Tho I really like the hose, it doesn't scrunch up like I'd like it to, but then again, it just goes from plastic bin to RV or storage tube, so really not a big issue overall. Attaching the 1 end onto the aux gate valve is tighter than tight and have issues removing the threaded adapter to CG pipe can be tough, still cannot complain about the hose as it seems to be well built and takes a good beating.