New Tires

osims

bsims
I put new Goodyear g614's on the 5er yesterday and after much price shopping the best price I got was at the local Ford dealer.

traveler44

I am curious as to what they cost now too. I think the price has gone up on them considerably since I bought mine a little over a year ago. At that time I paid about $250 each and Goodyear wanted over $300 at the store. Tom

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It seems like every time we put tires on a vehicle, it wasn't long before we got too good a deal to pass up and we traded it in.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It seems like every time we put tires on a vehicle, it wasn't long before we got too good a deal to pass up and we traded it in.

I used to do that with pickups. Put on new tires and battery and you could be sure I would trade it. Wasted lots of money that way.

jnbhobe

Total price with mounting, balance and taxes was $1495.00

I know that tire prices have been going up, but its getting crazy now days. I paid $1208 in july last year in Delaware for 4- G-614"s mounted, balanced and installed. I thought it was too much then.

Phbouwers

Hello,

We have a 09 3580. We purchased it Feb 2010. Put new tires on October 2011..................
The rest of the story, we put 40k miles on the rig in less that 2 years.

aatauses

We have a 2010 bh that came with Free-star tires. They have been great, but now have about 15M miles and thinking?? about new tires---does anyone else have the Free-Star and what has been your experience--how long should I keep them?? Currently no shign of wear, bubbles, just keep going
thanks
al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have a 2010 bh that came with Free-star tires. They have been great, but now have about 15M miles and thinking?? about new tires---does anyone else have the Free-Star and what has been your experience--how long should I keep them?? Currently no shign of wear, bubbles, just keep going
thanks
al

Ours came with Freestars, mold date 5207, and they've probably got less than 3000 miles on them. They still look good as new, but I'm starting to think that they should be changed by the end of the year just because of their age. I spoke briefly with Timothy Ball from Tredit Tire at the Goshen Rally about Freestars. He told me they were a good tire and they had no problems with them. The name was being discontinued, however, because the mold had reached it's service life and was being retired. I keep my tires covered unless they're required to roll.

Softballdad

I have Free-star tires as well, and they are starting to show wear. I've always kept an eye on the preassure, looked for any signs of damage and tried to keep them covered when in storage. Mine are going on four years old, but not sure if there is a time table for getting rid of tires. Mine are starting to wear so I will be getting GY-614's before hitting the road this spring.

danemayer

I'm starting to think that they should be changed by the end of the year just because of their age.
I'm pretty sure I've seen 5-7 years from date of manufacture as the general recommendation for replacing RV tires, regardless of mileage. I believe the risk is that aging of the internal structure will lead to a blowout without any warning.

5-7 years begins at manufacture and includes time spent in the warehouse and in the retail location.