New to us 2011 3795 Cyclone

sbryan

First post and a newbie to big rig trailers (towed big horse trailers with 4 stalls and dressing rooms but nothing like this rig. Long story short, original owner of this rig is selling out. He has been meticulous with his maintenance and I have spoken with the dealer where he bought it and who worked on it as well. General consensus is it is as good as new, maybe a bit better with the modifications he has made (like an Airborne hitch, slideout awnings, new water pump, new 10 ply tires, etc). We have a brand new 2013 F350 6.7 diesel with the factory Reese hitch as a tow vehicle and expect to do some short shakedown trips on weekends to local campgrounds to sort out any issues. We're probably taking possession this Friday. The PO will spend the day with me going over everything he has done and all the tricks he has picked up during the 5 years he has used it.

We are looking forward to all the good information and conversation here. We have two R1200GS motorcycles for the garage. If everything works out we'll plan to head out west at some point to park and explore for a month or more on the bikes. For now we are in full sponge mode, soaking up all the good information we can get.

Shawn Bryan
Central Vermont

danemayer

Hi sbryan,

Congratulations on your new-to-you Cyclone. Sounds like you have a great find there.

Feel free to ask questions here. There's a great bunch of helpful and friendly people who are quick to share what they've learned.

DW_Gray

Congratulations! Like Dan said, ask us any questions, we're here to help. Post some pics when you can.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Congratulations and welcome, Sbryan!
I think you"ve signed up for some great times.
I'll jump right in with a tip on setting up the garage. You'll undoubtedly be installing some kind of chocks for the motorcycles. Before you drill, climb under the garage with a tape measure. There are some things you'll want to survey: 1) where to best take advantage of the RV's frame for securing the chocks 2) make sure you will have adequate access to install the required hardware underneath. 3) Make sure you are well clear of the fueling station tank.
I'm not saying the installation is difficult but emphasizing the importance of measuring twice and drilling once.
Again....Welcome!

sbryan

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Lots to learn. The PO dropped it off today and tomorrow we are going to do the grand tour of what we need to know. You all wanted pictures so here are a couple. This thing really is big!

FB_IMG_13681355852197352-M.jpg
FB_IMG_13681354952060404-M.jpg

sbryan

Re: New to us 2007 3795 Cyclone

Of course I just realized I made my first mistake - it is a 2007 not a 2011 3795. Must have been excited when I was typing!:p

sbryan

Congratulations and welcome, Sbryan!
I think you"ve signed up for some great times.
I'll jump right in with a tip on setting up the garage. You'll undoubtedly be installing some kind of chocks for the motorcycles. Before you drill, climb under the garage with a tape measure. There are some things you'll want to survey: 1) where to best take advantage of the RV's frame for securing the chocks 2) make sure you will have adequate access to install the required hardware underneath. 3) Make sure you are well clear of the fueling station tank.
I'm not saying the installation is difficult but emphasizing the importance of measuring twice and drilling once.
Again....Welcome!

Thanks Neale. I have always been a firm believer in the measure twice cut once rule in carpentry. It will apply to drilling holes as well. Good news is there is already one chock in place because the PO also had a bike.