New trailer tires......utility trailer that is!

DirtyMax88

Hey everyone! I'd like to get new tires for my 7'x18' 7,000lb 2-axle utility trailer. I have been looking at the Taskmaster Provider, the Goodyear Endurance, and the Maxxis 8008. I'm interested to hear how the new Goodyear Endurance tire is. From what I gather, this was a redesign of the Marathon, which was not a good tire. I know alot of folks on the forum have gone with Maxxis on the RV's, what have you all experienced with them? Etrailer seems to have better prices if you just get wheels and tires together, but they don't carry the G/Y or Maxxis. The Taskmaster Provider brand tires seems like a good tire, and I like the aluminum wheels you can get them on. For info purposes, we haul a Kabota tractor on this trailer, as well as load it up with ATV's/UTV's, so never really gone over the max weight rating. Tire size is 205/75-15. Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

-Will

DMaxRocks

I have used Maxxis tires on my SOB 5th wheel for the last 10 years. I have not had one problem with any of the sets, they held up well and have given me good mileage.

Good luck with your decision.

-Mark

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We put Maxxis on our previous ElkRidge (about 13,750lb weight) -- two sets. We caught some cracking in between the tread on one tire, which eventually caused a bigger crack and beginning of tread separation -- pro-rated under warranty. They seemed to wear evenly, but wore quicker than we thought. I think we had about 22K on them. Also had a puncture that could not be repaired on another, so replaced all 5. -- We very happy with the overall performance of Maxxis so went with them again. No other issues.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looks like the Maxxis 8008's are the way to go. Thanks for y'alls inputs!

BTW, we used Discount Tire to buy ours. They have shops here in Texas and regionally. They had to order the tires since not in stock, but they matched their own price on DiscountTireDirect.com. We added the road hazard warranty as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sean.harp

Our 2016 jayco 5th wheel has Goodyear endurance tires. So far so good. I use a TPMS with them just for peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk