Nice Landmark & Hauler

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Passed a nice Landmark and Classy Chassis hauler in Lafayette LA today. As I came up on it I said hmmm, wonder if that is who I think it is and sure enough it was Jim Beletti. I think I scared him when I honked and waved in a congested traffic area. Sorry about that...lol. Hope you made it to pt Arthur safely this evening.

jbeletti

Hi Andy,

That was actually cool today! I heard the honk and saw the wave. Told Nancy it would be cool if it was someone I know. Well, I sorta know ya - forum and Facebook pals - that counts, right? :)

I see Heartlands on the road every day of travel, but its rarer to have one actually recognize me. Hope to meet you at a rally one day.

jassson007

I was just hoping not to freak you out. Lol. Especially in that traffic...btw feel bad for the trucker with the shifted load. Right now we are planning on the gulf shores rally and the national rally. Btw with the nice truck you are recognizeable...lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

You're small car horn toot was not frightening. Had I known who you were, I could have shared some big truck horn toots back :)

We made it to Port Arthur btw - our friends had supper ready and everything. We're camped in their back yard with power and water. Life is good when you've made good friends within an RV club :)

jassson007

Meant the crazy idiots on the hwy honking at you lol. I want a train horn on this truck. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Jim I found a pair of train horns for my Big truck. Just making sure 120 PSI the truck runs will handle them LOL http://www.airhornsoftexas.com/collections/train-air-horns/products/nathan-k5la Buddy of mine retired from working on Trains in Memphs and has a set off an old train. But fear I may have to use them way to much. :cool:
Pete

I understand that some of the original actual train horns have quite an air requirement in terms of PSI and of air volume. Something like 20 gallons maybe. I've got 2 tanks on my truck as I needed more oomph for my accessory air in order to fill 110 PSI tires while I'm still young :) It was taking forever with one tank. But I guess, once I plugged in 50 feet of air line, it was taking all the air from the tank and took forever to recharge the system. I actually have dual pumps and dual tanks now. Nice system.