no 12 volt power to Fridge when towing

wespar777

Hello, new member here, first time posting. we have a 2015 Landmark 365 and a 2021 Ram 3500. when we are towing we have no power to the fridge and on a long trip the ice melts and fridge get hot. Any subjections would be grateful and apricated.

Wes/Sandy

wdk450

I added a 12 volt mini voltmeter to my tank test panel, with a multimeter found the wires that got a 12 volt reading when the "Test button" is pressed, and wired the meter into that. Now when I press the "Test" button with the charger OFF (AC breaker off or disconnected from shore power) I see the battery voltage; with shorepower connected and the charger breaker ON I see the converter/charger charging voltage at that time; with the truck umbilical connected (shorepower disconnected), and the truck motor running I see charging voltage at that time from the truck.
You can also look for voltage changes to see if charging sources are working. Just battery reading, turn on converter, voltage should go up. Just battery reading (shorepower disconnected), connect to truck and turn on truck motor, reading should go up.
Here is an E-Bay search list on these:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...570.l1313&_nkw=mini+12+vdc+voltmeter&_sacat=0

These are so cheap at lots of 10 that you could wire one in right at your battery too, (with a switch if you prefer); maybe at your umbilical cable electrical box; or give them out to your RVing friends.

Roller4tan

Check battery voltage, check truck battery voltage, is truck charging battery? Is your battery disconnect switch off. Is your 12v mini breaker tripped?

I Believe.
And someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Your fridge (not residential) either runs on shore power or Propane, not 12 volt. The 12 volt is only for the igniter of propane. So, like Hoefler states, make sure you have propane and that it is turned on. Light your stove, to check flow and listen for a clicking noise of the igniter. Hope this helps.

wdk450

I Believe.
And someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Your fridge (not residential) either runs on shore power or Propane, not 12 volt. The 12 volt is only for the igniter of propane. So, like Hoefler states, make sure you have propane and that it is turned on. Light your stove, to check flow and listen for a clicking noise of the igniter. Hope this helps.
WRONG FOR AMMONIA ADSORBSION PROPANE-ELECTRIC RV REFRIGERATORS!!!
These refrigerators all have a 12 volt DC powered logic board that decides which heating source (110 VAC Electric or propane) is appropriate (110 VAC present preferred). The 12 VDC circuit board switches the 110 VAC power to the heating elements on-off, does all of the propane gas solenoid valve switching and propane flame ignition duties, and lights the interior light and external status lights.

Actually some older versions of these refrigerators were designated 3 way heating power - 12 volt DC, 110 volt AC, and propane. But ALL need 12 volt DC for the electronic logic board to run everything.