No dc

carl.swoyer

While working in the basement tightening up plumbing I saw that the two wires going to the factory converter were loose. The red actually sparked as I moved around. Had my wife turn off the dc disconnect. Now I only have 120 vac for hot water. The fuses appear to be ok on the dc panel.
Before i crawl into the basement any suggestion. My test button on the panel works as well as my water pump. I have inspected the wire nuts behind the panel. Any suggestions.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

danemayer

Carl, if on shore power, with battery cutoff in the OFF position, you have no 12V DC power inside, then you're not getting any output from the Power Converter. The on-board blade fuses may have blown when the sparking occurred.

carl.swoyer

Carl, if on shore power, with battery cutoff in the OFF position, you have no 12V DC power inside, then you're not getting any output from the Power Converter. The on-board blade fuses may have blown when the sparking occurred.
Thats what I was thinking.
But haven't climbed back in yet.
Hopefully that's it .

carl.swoyer

Sò the three 30 amp blade fuses are good, however ...
When i went to put them back 1 fell insidethe converter. So i had to remove it open the end which required removing 1 rivet and then it fell out.
Put it back together and a new rivet.
Moving forward I looked at the ac and dc thermostats. Now I've ordered a new dc thermostat.
Wondering why the link between didn't melt.20211229_105545.jpg20211229_130954.jpg

Last edited: