No heat

ledunn

2022 Big country 3155rlk. No heat (airflow) coming out of vent in bathroom. Don't know where to start. Any ideas would be appreciated. TIA

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have heat from other vents in your coach?
If the bath is the only one with no heat flow look at the plenum of the furnace. A vent line may have disconnected?
If the plenum looks good check the inlet side of your floor vent.

Peace
Dave

ledunn

Do you have heat from other vents in your coach?
If the bath is the only one with no heat flow look at the plenum of the furnace. A vent line may have disconnected?
If the plenum looks good check the inlet side of your floor vent.

Peace
Dave
I have heat everywhere else. I'll check that.
Thanks
Lenny

sengli

In most cases the ducts are just pushed onto a sheet metal tube on the heater, sometimes they run a screw thru the run to hold it on. It most likely has just come off, or even gotten pinched in the basement area behind the walls. Another thing I have seen was a mouse had built a nest in the run, and blocked it off?

centerline

the duct tubes can fall off the furnace plenum, or they can be crushed so that no flow can pass thru them... you will have to start at the plenum first, and follow the duct to the outlet the best that you can.... and you may find the problem...

another thing to check is, the duct tube may have had the register removed and had the airflow blocked by a previous owner for some reason....

ALL RV furnaces can be made more efficient and quieter if they are removed from the rv, and the leaks in the plenum taped up with mylarfoil duct tape... as the leaking air causes a blowing/hissing sound, and the hot air that has leaked out before it was delivered to its destination just gets recirculated thru the furnace so it can leak out again, never adding any heat to the living space..... which is the same if a duct tube has become disconnected from the plenum..
and if the duct tubes shortened as much as is reasonably possible, it will then minimize the restrictions in 2 ways, by taking a lot of the convoluted wrinkles out of it, AND because it will be shorter from point A to point B.... doing these 2 things to the RV heating system can add as much as 30% better efficiency from the furnace...