No hot water

1st trip on cyclone 4006, we’ve had hot water for 2 days….now we don’t all of a sudden. We tried it on gas too but got nothing. Is there a reset switch?

danemayer

Suburban water heaters have separate reset buttons for 12V DC/propane and 120V AC operation. Atwood water heaters have a single reset. Remove the cover from the exterior wall to locate them.

You can determine whether Suburban or Atwood by looking at the label once the exterior cover is removed.

Atwood units have a control board that controls both modes of operation. Suburban, the control board controls propane operation only. 120V is completely separate.

Suburban water heaters have separate reset buttons for 12V DC/propane and 120V AC operation. Atwood water heaters have a single reset. Remove the cover from the exterior wall to locate them.

You can determine whether Suburban or Atwood by looking at the label once the exterior cover is removed.

Atwood units have a control board that controls both modes of operation. Suburban, the control board controls propane operation only. 120V is completely separate.
Ours is a dometic water heater

danemayer

I believe Dometic purchased Atwood. Any problem with your 12V DC supply will cause a failure. Is your furnace working correctly? If hot, is the A/C working correctly?

Looking at the Atwood manual, there may not be a separate button/switch. Rather it talks about switching the interior control switch OFF for 30 seconds to reset an overtemperature lockout.
The only interior control switch is on an lcd display instead. I have turned it off for a bit to see if that will reset something 🤞

danemayer

If that doesn't help, you might try a hard reset by cutting both shore power and battery power for 1 minute. If that doesn't help, you may need to get a qualified servicer to check it out.

danemayer

My guess is you've either lost 12V DC power to the water heater, or the control board has failed. But you'd need a voltmeter and would have to be comfortable with working on electric in order to go further yourself.

wdk450

1st trip on cyclone 4006, we’ve had hot water for 2 days….now we don’t all of a sudden. We tried it on gas too but got nothing. Is there a reset switch?
Sally Jo: Where are you currently at? See: http://rvservicereviews.com/ to possibly find a mobile RV servicer to come to your site. Note that Heartland Service wants to be notified by phone in ADVANCE of you calling any RV servicer you plan to use for a warranty claim call. Also note that Heartland WILL NOT PAY any onsite servicer travel charges.

Sally Jo: Where are you currently at? See: http://rvservicereviews.com/ to possibly find a mobile RV servicer to come to your site. Note that Heartland Service wants to be notified by phone in ADVANCE of you calling any RV servicer you plan to use for a warranty claim call. Also note that Heartland WILL NOT PAY any onsite servicer travel charges.
I called heartland customer support early this morning and was able to get some local numbers, I found one that did warranty work and had a mobile service. They are supposed to come tomorrow. We have a list of about 10 things but the hot water and the leaking shower are the most inconvenient!