Noisy weight distribution hitch

KyleC

Hey looking for help with weight distribution. It is super squeaky at low speeds when turning. It's an e2 round bar 10,000. I've tried the lithium grease all over the ball and inside the sockets for the bars. It also did this with my Reese Pro on my last travel trailer. Open to suggestions. It rather annoying and embarrassing

2017 Pathfinder SL towing Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx

Last edited by a moderator:

ram22

Can’t help since I don’t know what an e2 roundbar is, but my Equalizer did that until I contacted the company and got a helpful tech support suggesting nylon feet for L-brackets, grease points that don’t defeat the friction anti-sway feature and advice to check set bolt is snug after hitching up. Little to no noise now at slow speeds at midnight maneuvering through campground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleC

How its setup right now I think I'd probably get a noise violation!

2538acb0b02c0e9c36a43abae0f75c81.jpg

Last edited:

ram22

Similar to Equalizer. See if manufacturer makes nylon pad between bar and L-bracket. That’s probably the ‘violin’ you’re hearing.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
They are supposed to make noise...and they all do!

Remember, you are pushing lots of weight through that setup.

KyleC

On which part would you put the Vaseline?

ram22

On which part would you put the Vaseline?

Good question, and don’t go randomly lubricating because it’s a friction device. Equalizer has a graphic with specific instructions on lube.

KyleC

Which is why I just lubricated the ball and the sleeves. I'm definitely going to look into the nylon pads. And did it with my smaller hybrid trailer as well so I know it's not strictly the weight of the bigger camper....

PondSkum

I'm pretty sure about 99% of WD hitches make all kinds of popping and squeaking noises during turning maneuvers. My suggestion is if you are getting in late at night and would like to keep the noise down, stop at the front office and unhook the sway bars. You don't need them once you are in the park doing low speed maneuvering. It will probably help to not have them on while backing in your spot also.