NON moving Bed slide

BKcyclone

Hello all, We have a 2021 Cyclone 4006, We are the second owners already. Our bedroom slide, (KIng Bed), won't come in at all. All you can hear is the solenoid clicking and no movement of the slide..... Can any one help???

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked the battery? Solenoid chattering can be a sign of low voltage.
Be sure that the battery terminals are clean and tight. Battery fully charged.
Also check the neutral buss wires.

Peace
Dave

BKcyclone

We have 13.6 volts plugged in to 110v 15amp. In my shop now. Trying now to figure out if it's a circuit breaker??? Or does that even apply.....

david-steph2018

The circuit breaker will be the small ones located near the batteries. These are the little red boot covered breakers. Some are auto reset, and others are manual reset. To check these, you will need to feel each one for the reset button. If one of these are bad, you can get these at an auto parts store, NAPA, AutoZone, etc....
Our bedroom slide started having issues going in/out, and it turned out to be the gearbox. The gearbox is on top of our slide behind the molding trim.

sengli

Also the wiring for all power including the 12 volts for the slide motor has wire nutted connections under the bed. Sometimes those connections can come apart. It could be the motor and gear box that drives the slide too (photo).

Attachments

• 20220522_144149.jpg
    20220522_144149.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18

BKcyclone

So we have isolated the problem, I believe. We have power all they way to those wire nuts and they are secure. So I am thinking its a bad motor. don't know what else it could be.

BKcyclone

So. I was Completely wrong on the motor. It was a bad safety switch to be sure the bed was all the upright before the room can come in.

david-steph2018

BK, can you post where the switch is located, so if somebody else has this issue they will know where the switch is located. Also, can you add information on the part # and such. It may help somebody out down the road.

Thanks.

BKcyclone

We have the king size bed that will sit you up if you hold down the switch, The switches located right in the crack or the bed hinges. The bed has to be to wear your back would be completely upright before the slide will come in so the bed will fit after the slide is in. All the way up I would call it so the bed is the shortest in length.

rvdwyer

We have a fault error on our Master Bedroom slide for a 2023 Cyclone 4006. When I jiggle the sensor that detects the bed is in the upright position, the fault disappears. I removed the plywood to check the switch, and it was loose. I checked the voltage at the switch, and it was 11.6v. I used an ohm meter and the switch appears to be working fine, but the fault is still displayed on One Control and won't allow for slide movement. I tried putting the ends of the cables going to the sensor switch together and sometimes the fault goes away and other times it stays. Any suggestions?